powerton!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by brianm360, Apr 1, 2009.

1. brianm360

brianm360 New Member

State:
    east peoria, Il.
    im going to try my luck this weekend any tips or possibly a good spot?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Start by fishing near the warm water discharge.:0a23::0a25:

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Welcome Brian! Anda great name might I add. :cool2:

4. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Welcome to the BOC brian.

5. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC from Alton, IL. Good luck.
    Sorry I can't help with Powerton.

6. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Hey Brien, I'm just up the hill from you in Sunnyland. I'm going to try Powerton soon myself. Don't have any suggestions besides the warm discharge area too.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    try the intake part of the lake befor the intake use live or cut bluegill or shad

8. dsmith_85

dsmith_85 New Member

State:
    illinois
    if you have a boat there is a couple of holes that usually hold some good fish but i recomend the intake side in summer and discharge in winter. whats the bigest cats anyone cought out of there?

9. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Dan, I went a few weekends ago, all I got was a bunch of small channels but I was trying fo0r channels. I don't have a boat right now so when I go to Powerton, it's walk,walk some more and then walk more.:smile2: I was at the discharge but am thinking of trying the intake at the far end and would like to try some gils there.

10. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    Last time i was out there the boat ramp was still out so launching a boat is kinda of tricky

Good Luck

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    its an awsome lake to fish , just be prepared, long casts big rigs and bloody cut bait, be shur you got weghts up to 6 oz, if there pumping, and if you got to use the bathroom your sol, lol trust me, also were sunblock, and have a frozen fooler for a long walk a mile hike, to the inlet, then walk 50 yards down, on the north divider and throw out west 50 yards or 100, with big circals or clikrs and king kaels, sorry i cant typ very good, cooler not a fooler, lol