POWERSTROKE OIL LEAK!!!!

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by Creteus, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I've sprung a leak. The truck has always dropped one or 2 drops on the driveway, been like that for years. Today at the daycare center I left a 15" puddle. Nice huh. Seems that the engine valley has a new found lake in it. I thought it was comming from the turbo pedistal so I broke down the intake and took out the intake cross to see the back of the pedistal and it was dry. What did catch my attention is that it seems to be coming out of the plate one the head where the intake goes in. Theres no oil inside the head there but theres oil slicks all around the plate that the cross hooks to on both sides. I did over boost it at 28psi for about three seconds about a week ago, but don't really think that did it. Theres also oil in my turbo tubes. Any help would be great.

I know its a Ford:
    Should have bought a chevy
    Should have bought a Dodge
    Should have bought a Toyota

Got that out of the way for all the wise cracks:wink:

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Nevermind. Found it. The Hpop lines are leaking downward making it look like something else. A couple .50c oring and good to go. Finally a cheap fix:wink:

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Glad it was nothing major and a cheap fix. Still a pain to have a mess of oil everywhere though.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    While mine was in the dealer gettin it's second coil pack, their was one needing an oil pan re RTVed or new gasket. I think they are just using silicone sealant for gaskets now.

Anyway this 350s cab and doghouse was lifted 10 feet in the air, then they had to lift that diesel motor to fix the leak/pull the oil pan. LOL LOL 6-7 hundred labor and a 5 dollar tube of rtv. LOL

Fords better ideas. :smile2::smile2::smile2: