powerpro50 vs spiderwire 50

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slikk03, Jul 4, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ok i resently went over to powerpro, whats the big dif between that and spiderwire, im not talking about the ez crap wire, but the original spider braid, does on fray more, i got yellow power pro and its just fraying, but the others dont, but yea whats the big dif in the brands

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    i think power pro casts better and is rounder. I also have had less problem with fraying and breaking off, thats just been my experience but sounds like yours has been the opposite. Power pro has not let me down, like i said i think the biggest difference is smoother casting and distance.

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Got rid of my power pro... 65... to much noise in the river with my graphite rods and my alum boat... fish got to hear it.... went back to mono.... I even turn of the sounder too, while anchored up...

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i like both, but if i need long cast with heaver line, i like braid, i hate snapping mono 40 win you get snaggd, it can send a hook in your eye

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    No comparison. Power Pro is hands down better. I personally think all the spider wires are crap, but thats just my opinion. If Suffix wasnt so damn expensive Id be using it. I think its actually better than power pro.

6. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    i think spider wire is awfall, got some while in canada once hated it. power pro much nicer. material.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I NEVER HAD PROBLEM WITH SPIDERWIRE, ,MABY, BECOUSE, IM NOT PULLING 50 POUNDERS IN OFTEN, IM USALY IN THE TEN 15 RANGE,

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i just switched soem rods over from 50 spider to power pro 50 and i really liked the spiderwire,but the powerpro is sooooooo nice, cant see anything gertting much better only thing i dont like is the nosie coming through the guides..makes a lot of noise but it casts 30 yards further than my spiderwire so..i can deal with the noise

9. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I started out years ago with spyderwire and it seemed it frayed fast, losing strength. I switched to fireline and have had good results with that and pleased with it. Haven't tried power pro yet but have heard excellent talk about it.

10. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hit it right on the head power pro if the best in my point of view

11. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    I have used spider wire one time cost me a day fishing trying to get it on the spool tight .I learned my lesson . I tarpon Fish down Fort Myers all the tarpon guides there use Power pro 80 they tie a flouracarbon leader on the power pro and a circle hook on the leader no weight they say you need a shock leader with big fish so that is what I do I take the word of people that make there living catching big fish When I rig for cats I use a Flouracarbon leader about 16 inches long in the 60 lb class I join the mono with an albright Knot

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've tried the spider wire and I've tried other braids as well. I do alot of fishing in the winter time in freezing weather and the braid is not for me.I was fishing in 20 degrees with spider wire and made about 2 or 3 casts and my fishing trip was over. I had the biggest mess I have ever seen. I use mono and will continue to use mono until I'm called away from this place!:wink: