Powerhouse bash final results

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by 1sporticus, Jul 31, 2008.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well folks we had a pretty good turn out considering it is a messed up season so far. Biggest cat was a 29.5 blue caught up at the Dam using cutbait and fishing rough water. Eric White is the Winner of the Trophy. BOC Brother Coyote and Raven won the long distance award for 215 miles traveled. Everything was donated, and we didn't have a charge for anything at the Bash. Kenny supplied the B.S. for free to whom ever wanted it. There was plenty of fish stories going around, and some of them even sounded true.LOL Anyway I need to thank some people now, so here goes
    Joe Young Keokuk, Ia made the Biggest fish Trophy
    Kenny Spring Keokuk BOCer made long distance mirror
    Meyers Septic&Driveway Keokuk, Ia donated porta potties
    G&S Cheesebait Milledgeville Il. Donated 3 Tubs chessebait
    Sonny's dipbait Farmington, Ia Donated 2 tubs bloodbait
    Party Supply Keokuk, Ia Donated plates/napkins/utensils
    Baits&More Alexandria Mo. Donated tackle /hats /ect
    Coyote&Raven Desoto Mo. Donated 3 knives
    Butch&Red Bell & kids Keokuk, Ia helped set up camp ground
    Roy Bell Keokuk, Ia Donated tickets/ bread&butter
    Eric &Ginger White Cooked fish and made baked Beans
    Fatgirl (my squeeze) made potatoe salad,cukes/onions
    Susan Spring K.C. Mo. donated fish batter
    Pam&Sherry&Dahoo Keokuk, Ia made coleslaw
    Thistle Ridge Produce Warsaw, Il. produce
    Lee County Conservation Board Director Tom Buckley gave an informative lecture about the TriState area widlife program, which included hunting and fishing, a very good one and I even learned something new. LOL
    City of Keokuk, Ia Donated the camping/Bash area and all of the Picnic Tables
    Keokuk Parks& Bridge Department a job well done on getting the river front presentable as well as could be done.
    I think we had a great time, and although it was a little hot the weather worked out perfectly. I/We met some fellow BOCers, and we even had some sign up. Thanks for coming everyone, and those who missed out, there is always next year, Cause I do believe we are going to do it again Thanks again. 1sporticus aka Andy

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thanks Andy for the update on the garthering.I'm sure next year will be bigger and better.As you know the first is always the roughest.Working out the bugs and all. And your right Kenny handed out all the BS for free.:eek:oooh::roll_eyes: Looking forward to next year.

3. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother 1Sporticus;
    Andy, the catfish alone that was served for the main course was worth the trip alone! I've eaten catfish all of my life and have tasted none better anywhere in the world!! I am soooo GLAD that Raven's first meal of catfish came at the Gathering! She now knows what GREAT Catfish tastes like and has something to compare all the other catfish meals she may eat against! :big_smile:
    Of course the hospitality was typical of any BOC Gathering with the Brother's and Sister's welcoming any member with open arms and any help ask for was cheerfully offered! Just like it used to be, anywhere in this Country, back in the "old days".
    Thanks to ALL THE BROTHER'S AND SISTER'S for the Camaraderie, Help, and Hospitality! That is what makes or breaks any event; the people!
    If only everyone else in this Great Country of Ours could get along as well as The Brother's and Sister's did at the Gathering and have 1/10th as much fun as we all did, then a whole bunch of the "problems" in Our Country would vanish in a hurry!
    Can't wait to tie into some of those "BIGGUN'S" up your way in a few months!:big_smile:
    Also, we are already planning to attend "Keokuk Powerhouse #2"
    in 2009. :big_smile:
    {{:big_smile:THANKS AGAIN ALL:big_smile:}}
    Fraternally, Cordially, and Sincerely,
    Coyote & Raven
    [[[[[End of Post; But NOT the GREAT Memories!:wink:]]]]]

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Was wondering if you all had made it back home. It was a pleasure to finally get to meet you and you wife Raven. Really enjoyed our little conversation we had.As you stated that fish was really good.Along with all the other food.
    Hopefully we'll get to meet again next year. God Bless and take care of that back!!

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    OHHHH YEAH!:roll_eyes::wink:

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you all had a great time, congrats and good luck in the future

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    1 sporticus (Andy)put this in our local paper to and think it needs to be shared on here cause we did have one hell of a time-it dont flood again and we have normal conditions ....that cook is giong down ...:wink:...(LOL) WWWOOOOOOOOO it was a great time hope to see you al again and we can all do it better next time but its gonna be tough!

Attached Files:

8. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    For those of you who don't know, Ed Lowary is our very own Coyote of the BOC. Coyote and Raven had a great time, and I/we enjoyed meeting them finally. The prize for longest traveler was a painted mirror by our very own Catfish Kenny, good job Kenny. See folks, he aint just a pretty face. LOL See ya on the river. Andy

9. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well, I'll certainly be looking for it next year. Didn't get on this site till way past your get together. I'm only up the road 60-70 mile. Sounds like a good ol Iowa event.

10. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well Herb, come on down. We are going to have one again next year. We'll get together after the 1st of the year and decide all of the stuff that needs done, and all of the stuff we forgot this year. LOL We did manage to keep everything free with all of the donations ect. Hopefully next year we won't have another flood, it was touch and go right up until the end. Anyway it was fun, and Ihope you can make it next year, or come on down anytime.
    Later Andy