powerbait

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by flannelman, Oct 1, 2005.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

when is the best time to use powerbait for trout? is winter trout fishinggood? and lastly, wat type of powerbait works best? thanks

2. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I use power bait regularly for trout. My favorite colors are Chartreuse, rainbow, white, and orange. I like using it two ways during the day and during times when trout are not jumping I use it with a Carolina Rig and a 2/12-3ft leader. If the trout are active i do one of two things, either use power bait or a power worm micro as bait I use about a 31/2-41/2 ft leader with a sliding float (the clear type you can fill with water) I place 4-5 BB's inside the float. about 8 inches up from the bait I place a very small snapshot weight (smallest i can find) then i place two more on the line around the float one four inches below and one four inches above. I fish this setup on the surface and leave it with lots of slack. I have noticed that the trout love it

-brian

3. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I think powerbait is the best bait for trout. I have seen it outfish red wigglers and wax worms. I like the powereggs the best. I think they work best in the summer. Especially around midnight. I usually use a carolina rig, a size 14 hook, and mix up some different colors on the hook. My favorites are white, orange, purple, and chartruese.

4. flannelman

flannelman New Member

is anyone going to be trout fishin this winter? what type of powerbait works best in cold weather?