The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have tried it a few times myself. It didn't produce anything for me. If I remember and don't quote me it kept falling of. Then it turned into mush because i left it in the car. All I can say is maybe try a bag see what happens but dont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
A loaf of bread and a bottle of vanilla or Superior Vanilla-Butter-Nut cake flavoring will be cheaper and work a lot better. I go to a place full of carp that feed on the surface and i fish another place with visibility beyond 12 feet. The carp never give the Power Bait a second look. Sure it may catch one eventually but bread is a gurantee in most cases. Gosh i want to go fishing now. Maybe tommorow.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
i tried the corn, strawberry, and vanilla flavors, and didn't catch anything. i do great on them by chumming with corn, then fishing with bread or doughballs.

·
Banned
10,343 Posts
Save your money, Cody! Don't waste it on that crap!

You are better off buy some canned sweetcorn.

Thread 2 or 3 peices on a small hook, cast out, and chumm about half the can around where you casted.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
My dad caught a nice carp on it just the one time,out of a whole bag.i had the same luck with the catfish bait i caught one channel cat,it was a nice one about 15 pounds but thats the only one out of the whole bag.I say keep your money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts