Power trim

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by billcatfish, Mar 12, 2007.

1. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    have one on my 84 115 johnson it will lift but woont go down have power all the way back to the motor with the switch pushed down but it still wont work any info will help

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bill swap the green and blue wires on the selnoids and see if it will go down then if it does then the selnoid is at fault if it doesn't the the motor would be suspect.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Bubba, it might be just as easy to swap the solenoids. Sometimes it's a corroded connection and the swapping of the solinoids is enough to get them working.

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You are so right Bob. Thanks for bringing that point up.:cool2:

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    are you talking about the 2 little black boxs i haveswaped them an still not a thing

6. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Bill, I hope you can get an easy fix for it. I spent $600.00 for a tilt/trim motor for my Yamaha abot 6 or 7 months ago. Mine sounded like it was low in fluid and then just quit.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

Bill I would say your motor is going south on you. Can you get me some numbers off it and I'll see if there is any way to ohm it to make sure.

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Now is when you disconnet the blue wire and the green wire that goes directly to your motor and test.

Green wire to a positive and blue wire to a negative should reverse the motor. If the motor doesn't run then and drop the tilt pistons, then it's a problem trim motor.

9. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    try ebay for motor, they have had a bunch of evenrude tilt trim motors on there last week. i was hunting the whole setup for a friend of mine.

10. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for the info guys it took a while but we found the problem it was a ground wire off of the silanods it had just verly pulled up just a little but its all fine now but got to find a new switch for it. i guess it got burnt when the wire came off thanks

11. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Ya see what a good visual inspection can do?:big_smile: