Power Stroke Mod

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by LazyBum, Aug 2, 2009.

1. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Those of you that might have a ford power stroke use the zoo-dad mod? Can ya actually tell any difference in how your truck runs?

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what year stroke do you have?

3. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    2001 F250 4door 4x4 7.3l

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    What is the Zoo Dad mod? I've heard something about a scoop, but please give detail. I have an 02 7.3 PS with a stage 2 intake, X wheel compressor, edge juice w/attitude monitor, and 4" magnaflo turbo back exhaust. My cold air intake really isnt cold air.

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've never heard of the Zoo-dad either:confused2:

6. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
  7. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

My air flow is factory stock with K&N filter. I do have some preformance chip, and 5"exhaust.

The zoo dad is a mod that ya cut out a small square in the radiator support bulkhead, and create a direct air feed to the factory air intake. Why Ford motor company didn't do this I have no idea.

Suppose to help get ya a little more hp, and keep your pyro temps down, and they suggest maybe a little better mpg. Myself, I get right at 18-20 any time on the hiways. Just got back from Denver in it, and did 19, usually get around 19-20 going to galveston.

8. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Wish I could get the mileage you get, but mine is actally reversed. I get 18 in the city and about 12 on the highway. 4:10 gears kill me on the long haul.

9. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Sure wish I could get 18 in town, I'd be a happy camper...12 is about all I get

10. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    This is my truck stuck in the sand pulling out a Z71 that only had 3 wheels on the ground (buried). I have a winch, but at the time, no remote for it. The minute I got outta this mess, I went directly to the 4 wheel drive shop and bought a remote.

Attached Files:

11. racinrodes88

racinrodes88 New Member

State:
    Marion, SC
    I have a 2005 f-250 4 door lariet 4x4 6.0 powerstroke 6" suspension lift on 37's i get about 14 in town i drove to florida runnin about 65 mph and got 19 mpg i was lovin that my chevy z71 only got 9 mpg with 35s im lovin the powerstroke