Power Problems? CRAZY!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 17, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We lost power 3 different times earlier tonight, and the last time stayed out till now. I called, and went to help an elderly lady that lives in my neighborhood. She didn't have any candles availabile, or means of light besides a flashlight. I went over and stayed until her family came to take her for the night . Sad situation for those that depend on electric for heat and light! Anyone else having these problems? This is the about the worst I have ever seen it for losing heat! Right now, my digital outside temp reads - 14.3 ...I'm soo tired right now from my furnace problems from last night I am amazed to be typing.... Anyways, goodnight, and stay warm.....rollo

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sorry to hear it bro, not in your area, but anyone of us here in the St.Louis area south central Ill and Mo. that has to DEAL with AMERN knows all to well that you better not take this electric for granted ever since they took over, they just s**k for real, never had many problems at all when it was IP here, wasn't 2 weeks after the switch and it is just no surprise any more when the power goes out here, to damn cheap to repair old stuff is the problem with them, but they are always the 1st cryin for more money....... The Old Generator was the best investment ever!

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My power keeps coming and going... Im gonna end this post for this reason... rollo

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sorry to hear about your power issues bro. Nothing on this end power has been fine. Keeping fingers crossed now. Awful righteous of you helping out the neighborhood lady. Reps to ya on that one.....

5. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sorry to hear bout ya power loss happened to me for 6 days once,thats when i bought a generator,and took out my fire place and put in a wood stove,it can go out nowand stay off we'll be ok now,pats on the back for helpin the neigbor lady..

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We still have power, but the old house is sure cold. We have it better that some I guess. It's -12 here right now. The old girl in the basement has been blowing non stop and cant keep it past 60. luckily we have a fire place. My mother in law call a little earlier to tell me about a water leak. She's the scanner lady of our family.lol We usually kid her about it , but in times like this it sure comes in handy.I have about 10 gallons of water set aside for when they crank it down for the main break. In a small town like this the water can be off for days in these kind of conditions. I'm glad your the kind of person that helps the elderly Jason. I know now that I can count on you to wheel me down to the river on day. Seriously, these oldsters need and depend on the help of others. Some have no family near. I'll give you a gold star today buddy, even if you wife did made you do it! lol :big_smile:

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    rollo sorry to hear about that guy rick

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well power is all restored, still don't know what caused it. Atleast it came back and stayed on and everyone has heat again...rollo

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    That's good to hear guy . Hope it stays on.

10. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good to hear the power problem is over for now. Those utility guys that work outside in all kinds of weather are awesome! Makes me appreciate my inside job.:big_smile_2:

Wooly

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Luckily we have a propane furnace so not much electricity needed to run it. After a couple outages year before last we bought a generator and wired in a receptacle to feed the circuit breaker panel. I identified all the essential circuits with whiteout and turn on those only (You also have to cut the main).

I have heat, lights in all the bedrooms, Kitchen, Satellite TV and even keep the computer whizzing away. We don't suffer anymore when the power goes out.:cool2: