Power Pro

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Freeman.360, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

Power Pro is a great line. The 20 pound braid is so good. it never breaks and is so small. it also last me forever and casts great

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have nothing but good words about Power Pro. It IS the heat for me. I use the 100# red Power Pro, and have not experienced a line failure due to fish breakage since I started using it.
    Bill in SC

3. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Hey Bill
    You've got me totally sold on Power Pro. I bought a 300 yard spool of 50# green. It's the best line I ever tried. Of course I haven't caught anything close to 50#.:big_smile: It will be on all of my reels next year. I'll have to refinance my house to pay for it but it will be worth it.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Just copy that here, I started with the 65 lb. and liked it. I now use the 100 lb. red and like it just as well.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, the initial costs are higher, but the durability of it actually makes it less expensive in the long run. It doesn't stretch or weaken when breaking it off in snags, and UV rays don't affect it other than slight fading. I occasionally pull off a few feet until it gets back down to some good color, when it fades.
    Bill in SC

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I totally agree on the use of the Power Pro line! I was a little aprehensive about using braid, but after spooling it up, I was amazed how it lays on the spool neatly and the way it's casts. Great!! Yes it costs more, but it's worth it in the long run. I use the 65# test. Has awesome knot strength and is very smooth. Great stuff. I'm hooked!:big_smile:

7. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i've used it for about 3 years now, works good still

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Just be careful you don't end up with counterfeit line:
    http://www.powerpro.com/press/news/details.asp?PP_PRESS_NEWS_ID=23

There were several reports here on Catfish1 about Ebay purchased PowerPro with flaws in the coloration, multiple knots, etc, a couple of years back.

9. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    That's a good buy if genuine.... Our Academy Sports has 30- 65 lb for 19.99 for 300 yards...

10. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i love power pro, started with some 15 lb. best i have ever used, like the stren super braid also

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC from Bennettsville, Kyle!
    Bill in SC

12. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I also agree I use 65# red powerpro and can not tell you how many times I have needed the strength or got a compliment on my line being strong. For the big flats I wont use anything else.

13. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    all i use is braid even on my smaller bass poles, and on my cat poles its either 80# power pro yellow tracer or 80# spiderwire stealth in green both work awesome:wink:

14. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    WOW, I have been really apprehensive about buying new line. I have used berkley Trilene Big Game usually 30lb test. I used to use braided a while back and then tried the big game when it was recomended to me and it casted so much easier. And it was cheaper. I usually replace the line on all my reels about 3-4 times per season and the Big Game is cheap enough that I can buy a big 2500 yd spool and it usually lasts me a full season. I will sure grab some power pro and throw it on one or two of my rods and give it a try. Usually there is at least one person that has something bad to say about a product but I havn't heard anything bad about this line yet.

15. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    I use 65lb. Power Pro on my Abu 6500 and it works great!
    I like how there is never any memory, and it ties like a dream.

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I am sold on power pro my son put me on it when it first came out very good line:cool2:

17. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I love power pro.