Power Pro!

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by CJ21, May 14, 2008.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering how do you guys like power pro fishing line? now if it last longer than mono I think I might be willing to change over.

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Charles, power pro #65 is all I use. and I dont have any complaints.

3. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I have been using mono all my life. U no some people don't like change. I think I will order me a spool of power pro 65 and try it. Who knows I might like it and change up on all my reels. I here ya'll say it is great stuff.
    PEEDEE CAT

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    It has ZERO stretch for positive hook sets and is STRONG, STRONG, STRONG for its small diameter! It will abrade easier than mono though so make sure you use a high-test mono for a leader. Use a slightly smaller test mono than the braid so you break your leader instead of the power pro if you get snagged!

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It might be what I need.

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I spooled my 6500 pro rocket and 6500c3 with #65 power pro this year and have fished 3 times with them this year and have had no problem. My son has 50# on a couple of spinning reels for the last 3 years and has had no problem.

7. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I mainly use mono but is trying power pro on one of my setups. It is very strong sometimes I use a small treble for carp fishing and I kept bending the hooks so I learned to backoff the drag a bit,and have noticed it's not as good as mono around rocks

8. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    This line works great for me, I do use a mono leader though. I think its at least worth a try to anybody that hasn't used it. Just don't cut yourself on it pulling your line.

9. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I love braided, helps great with hook setting.

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    power pro like all lines is just another tool in our fishing arsenal.if you need a small dia.line for swift water or a strong line for big fish or ,in my case,a line to use with a cat bobber power pro is what you are looking for.you will find its not a good choice if fishing rocks or around zebra mussels.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I switched to 65 lb. power pro with 50 lb. mono leaders. I liked it so well i've now switched to 100 lb. power pro and 80 lb. mono leaders and so far I like it also.

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well it took me a while but Ol'e #13 :wink: finally convinced me to switch over. Excellent hook setting & casting ablities. Since Johnny went to 100lb test he also doubles as an "anchor-line" when he gets hung up!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out:

13. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I use it and I LOVE it for what it provides. It is my Line of CHOICE!!!!

HOPPY4

14. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    i use 20 and 50lb test braid. they work for my style of fishing (long rang from shore) no stretch so you can feel everything last year i converted my light surf rod to braid and was impressed when i was pulling 4 inch perch from a 100 yards. do it you won't regret it.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I switched to Power Pro 100#, and I use a 50# mono leader. I'll never look back to mono again on my big game rods and reels.
    BB in SC

16. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks guys I may try a Power Pro soon.