Power Pro

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by jboy434, Jan 27, 2008.

1. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    I got one of my reels spooled with 65# Power Pro to try out this week. What i want to know is will the weight sliding up and down the line damage it at all.

Thanks

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Use a sinker slide it will protect the line.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I use a bead to protect the knot and use 3 oz. no roll sinkers. So far I have not seen any damage done to the 65 lb. power pro.

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i use 80# power pro i have not had any problem with weight slideing on the line .i use a bead between the weight and the swivle . just check it every so often for wear and you will be all good

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ive used 100# power pro for 2 years & never had any problems at all :wink:

6. jboy434

jboy434 New Member

State:
    va
    Thanks for the replies. What is a sinker slide? I just thought I had read on here a while back that the weight would cause abrasion to the line.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I haven't had any problems with the sinkers causing any wear.

8. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    if you're worried about the sinker fraying your braid try this tie on a top shot of mono so if your reel is filled with 50lb braid tie on a top shot of 50lb mono, however for this connection tie an overhand knot in the mono, pass the braid through the knot, then tie a 12 turn uni knot with your braid, and tighten both knots and youÂ’re set.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    If anything the braid would cut the soft lead sinker:wink: It eats up rod guides right well. I don't know how long your plastic sinker slides will last on braid, since it's so much thinner than mono it cuts things.

I've used a carolina rig with PowerPro for the last 2 years and haven't had any issues with line fray from sinkers, although I have had to replace the first eye on cheaper rods after a summer due to them being eaten up by the braid. Good Luck~

Branden

10. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Jeremy;
    Your question about Sinker Sliders has not been answered in a post that I have read. Perhaps I can help you.
    Go to Catfish Connection at http://wwwcatfishconnection.com [B... [B]Coyote1[/B] [B][[[[[End of Msg]]]]][/B]

11. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I don't really think it will be an issue on 65# and up

12. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I myself use 65# power pro and notice some fray on my rockey fishing set ups, if ur fishing rockey areas it will sometimes cut grooves in ur sinker wich tend to fray the line a bit, but it only tends to fray about the first foot so you wont lose alot of line, just keep an eye on it as previousley mentioned.

GOOD FISHIN,
    STEVE

13. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use 80# PP and about all that I have noticed is the color disapears around where the sinker slide contacts the line. I havent noticed any fraying and that is using mostly 10-12oz wieghts!

14. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Use a fish finder and make sure it is the thick wall plastic sleeve for braid and superlines.