$$$ power Pro $$$

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Smuggo, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    Just found some 65 lb PP for $25.00 / 300 yds.

Is this a good deal ? Read some good things about this line on the BOC and thinking of giving it a try. I'm gonna have to do some covert tackle spending cause my wife would hang me with that line if I bought enough to change my rods...How durable is this line (does it have to be changed often) or can I expect several seasons of use if I cahange to PP.

2. criggster

criggster New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've used it for a few years and realy like it. I have some that is going on it's third season, and will probably be replaced soon. If you are looking for an alternative try Tuff Line XP. It is made by the same company as PP, but costs a few dollars less. BTW, $25 is a good price.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Good stuff and good price.300 yards can spool 3 reels if you use a backing,and last all season if you use a leader and don't have to cut the end of the PP every time you retie.

4. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I swear by power pro, i have never had it break on me yet. I have pulled me, my boat, and my buddy with all of our gear about 500 yards up river by casting and getting hung up then reeling it in. This is all because my motor went out on us. That stuff is tough. 300 yards of 65lb test for 25.00. Where did they steal that from?

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Larry, I have been using 80lb PP for 3 yrs now. (same line)
    I havent had any problems with it so far. I have had friends using 50 and 65lb PP that get broke off for no good reason. I don't know if it was because of their knots or getting knicks in the line from rocks. I just know their line kept breaking. But I haven't had any breakage problems with the 80. If you intend on using PP, get the largest lb test you can afford, 80 or 100. Look for a bulk spool 1200 or 1500 yrds. I know it will cost a bunch to start but you wont have to re spool for at least 4 years. And you can fill up five reels with it. I filled 5 ABU 7000's after putting on about 75 yrds of mono backing, with a 1500 yrd spool, that gave me 200+ yrds of PP per spool. And I still have enough to fill 2 more spools like that. Like I said I have been using this same line for 3 yrs and I think it will last another 3 easy. Just try the 80lb before you spend money on the 65. I have no reservations about reccomending it.