Power PRo

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Bravesnflat25, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    Hey I Just got some power pro Braid line. I was wanting to know what kind of knot do you guys use to tie the line to the Swivel

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i use spider wire stealth and i tie a advanced triliene knot to the swivel and i use palmer knot on the leader and i use 60lb leader line

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use a modified improved clinch knot. It's the same as the improved clinch knot, but I pass the line through the eye twice before instead of once. It works for me and I have yet to have it come loose. I fish around a lot of rock and have broken my line near the hook but never had the knot come loose.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    polmer or a uni ran through the eye twice but the polmer is stronger

5. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I use 40lb powerpro, and to tie the mainline to the leader I use a doubled palomar knot. The difference is that you loop the doubled line twice through the swivel eye before you tie it. I've heard that when you use braids and superlines you need to pass the line through the eye twice, whenever you can, because the knots want to slip more than with mono. ALWAYS wet you line and knot before you tighten it up.

6. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I was going to say polmar but that double polmar sounds pretty darn good. I think I'm getting about 90-95% of my line strength out of a regular polmar though.