Power Pro

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by dlsloan, Aug 20, 2009.

1. dlsloan

dlsloan Member

State:
    Kansas
    I just bought my first Power Pro and i wondered if you can get more than 1 season out of it?thanks

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I normally get 2-3 years out of the line I just reel the line each year back on an empty reel then the fresh line is at the front an go from there.

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    It lasted me exactly one fishing trip, after that I took the crap of and threw it away.:sad2: Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    It will last a extremely long time. I've never had to change it because of wear only from break-offs shortening it. I've had some on for over two years of non-stop fishing.

-Jim-

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    in my exp. it aint worth its weight in rocky areas. not very abrasion resistant.

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Easy guys,,,,,he is all happy to try his new product and ya'll are raining on his parade, LOL. He just wants to know how long it can last.

Its not a braid/mono poll ; )

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    no answer for that though. it COULD last a cpl/few yrs or go fish a weir or other rocky area and it COULD only last the night.

8. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Darreld,
    I think it will last several years.

Maybe the rocks aren't as sharp on the west end of the Kaw, but I can only think of breaking the 65 or 80# once in two years:crazy:

I am using bank or mainly no-roll sinkers, with 30 pound mono on the leader......it is hard enough to break.

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    im on year 4 or 5 i think 5 maybe ill reverse it on to another reel one of theise years.

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I have some that's 5-6 years old and still going strong.

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Just started using Powerpro earlier this year, satisfied so far. I have 65# on my long poles 12 & 10', casting distance is great, no breakoffs so far. I have my 3 8' rods lined with the 40#(hi-vis yellow), little bit of fading on them, no problems with fraying though.
    Just received and lined 3 of my shore poles with the yellow tug of war from Team Catfish today, put the 50# on them. Soon as I use them awhile I'll make a report.

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have used mine for several years so far and no problem with it other than the color fading. I also have not had the problems with the break offs due to rocks either. Maybe it is less common in the heavy lines, I use 80lb and 150lb on my poles. I think you will like the line.

Jim I can't wait to hear your comparison of 2 lines.