power pro test sensitive lbs

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by slikk03, Jan 2, 2010.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ok i got a qwestion , if i use 50 pound braid will i loose sensativaty of a lighter pound braid like 30, also will braid snap in subzero temps wen fishing, seems alot of my line is snapping wen it gets down around 15 , thanks

2. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Maybe Im having a goofy moment (i do that) but dont understand first part of your question. As far as cold try Power Pro Ice:wink:

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    what i was saying is will 50 pound braid be just as sensative as 30 or 15 braid pound powerpro, the way im fishing i need to feel the bottem very well

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

No,you don,t lose the sensitivity in the higher # tests.I use #100 and you can feel the bottom and bites just as well as with #20.

5. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Gotta go with ya on that.I use 100lb, 65lb, and 30lb,and cant tell any difference between them.I love that line.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well im loosing casting distance ,i just spooled it up but the 15 braid was casting farther, would that be why im loosing casting distance? im going to get some 30 and see if i gain more yards, this is a wallie jig rig and there all out in the middle

7. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    The lighter thiner line should cast farther with a light jig. I have had good luck with 30ld line 8ld dia casting light baits. If you use 15ld line it is smaller yet it should cast farther than the 30ld. Using a light jig the thiner line will cast farther than the thicker line. You can always use a heaver jig to get a longer cast more weight will cast farther too.