Power Pro - SUPER LINE!!

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by TxRiverman, Jul 18, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    If you had doubts about switching to a braid,maybe this will help,the pending IGFA world record great hammerhead shark was caught on Power Pro 100 lb test line!! The shark weighed 1280 lbs!! If it can pull that,it will work for a catfish,as long as the angler does his part.

2. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga

3. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I put #65 Power Pro on my 7000 Rocket Reel and 6500 LE today and gave them a try tonight. I caught a drum and a soft shell turtle on my rigs with Cajun Red, but nothing on the Power Pro. The Power Pro does cast better/farther though. I'm thinking about going across the board with it. We'll see. Doug

4. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    POWER PRO ALL THE WAY!!!

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    All I use is Power Pro 16/65lb-18/80lb!

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That is one nice fish to fight.

7. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Thanks for the info, when I have to change out my line I will give it a try.

8. bigboy

bigboy New Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Not to burst the bubble but i've used powerpro before and didn't like it. Now all I use is 50,65, and 80 lb stren super braid. Powerpro has a tendency to want to dig down into the line below it if you get hung or hook a large fish, it will dig down into the line below it and the next time you cast when it hits the snag if you threw it very hard it now has the velocity to take your bait,rig, and weight into the deep abyss. Just a warning. :confused2:

9. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Does anyone get rod eye damage from the braided line digging into the eyes?? I've been thinking about switching to the super braids, but have heard this can be a problem with them. Any input?? good fishin', Jack.

10. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some of the "super-braids" do have this problem, but Power Pro isn't supposed to do it. They say it is engineered to be close to frictionless.

I think it's probably true. It's also the same reason it casts farther.

As far as it digging into a reel after getting hung up or getting a big fish on:
    Hung up? You can't pull directly from the reel. You have to wrap the line around something to pull with.
    Big fish? Your drag "should" be set light enough that the line won't dig in. This will also keep excess pressure from breaking the rod or reel.

11. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Ive been using braid for about 4 yrs,and ive never had a problam with the braid cutting into the eyes on the rod. Never!

12. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I use 65# pro line and I love it. It cast good and ive been pulling in nice ones with it. I have seen braided line tear eyes up on some poles but on my catfishing poles Ive never had a problem and I ve been using one of them for about two years now. I guess it depends on the pole but, i recommend pro line.

13. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I have been using powerpro for 4 years now and have never had the problems everybody says. I have never had it bury into my reel since I keep my drag set correctly. I have never had it to break at the knot, I only tie the uniknot that is shown on the powerpro directions that are included in the box. I keep about 3' cutoff after every trip due to nicks above the leader. Powerpro is awesome.