Power Pro Rocks!

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Bill in SC, May 2, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, here is just one reason that I love my Power Pro 100# super braid. Whie fishin' the rediversion canal today, I got hung. Well, I went to break it off, and the object started coming up. I thought I had hooked someone's anchor, but when I finally hoisted the object from 30 feet of water, I realized it was a HUGE tree top!! There were broken off rigs all over it, some with rotted bait still on the hooks! We gathered many hooks, corks, and lead from the tree top. We might not have set the world afire in the tourney, but we were equipped, had we had a chance at a monster! Lemme see you duplicate this feat with yer wimpy monofilaments!! I'd say this booger weighed 40+ pounds! :crazy: View this amazing photo!
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Now that is some tough fishing line! :crazy:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yessiree, it is! I might add that I had a 60# FLUOROCARBON leader hooked to it. I have witnessed on occasion, the 100# Power Pro failing before the very tough, durable fluorocarbon. Thanks, Roundhill for putting me on the fluorocarbon. Between the Power Pro and the fluorocarbon combination, Mr. Whiskers certainly is at a disadvantage when hooked up to it.

Bill in SC

4. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bill I have to know.....did you take it to the weigh in??!!...lol I would say you definately had the biggest "catch"

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! Naw, we threw her back overboard. Might just hang her again one day for another treasure trove of tackle! :wink:

Bill in SC

6. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    very true...well hopefully you plotted it so u can catch it again in a few months or so when you need more tackle...lol

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Well, It's already been mentioned, but, I was wondering if you released it after taking the picture!!!!LMAO...:smile2:
    Impressive performance from your tackle!!
    Hope you did well..

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    gotta agree with ya on the power pro, i use the 80# high vis. and love it :wink:

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    lol psp2 huh?

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Not sure if that is a record,, but I bet it is good for a citation!!:wink::smile2:

11. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

LMAO!!!!!!!! Reps to ya

12. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Poor guy... That's the Diversion Canal, Bill; the rediversion discharges from Lake Moultrie, but I can understand that your oxygen levels were pretty low after pulling in the 'big snag' award. :smile2:
    That braid is tough stuff, for sure. I use the fluorocarbon, as well as Big Game for leaders, and I've pulled in some heavy items, but nothing to top your big catch! Thanks for the post. What bait did you catch that thing on, anyway?

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah, I meant to say diversion canal! The stick fish was caught on white perch!

Bill in SC

14. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    Nice to see you practicing CPR!

15. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    bill they say in bass fishing (take your own stump to fish around ) but your the first catman i,ve seen with his own tree :smile2::smile2:

16. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bill,an old timer like you should know that that's not called a stick fish it's called a "Log Salmon".:smile2:

17. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Man that was my fish attractor:wink:

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Again, it's still there! :smile2:

BB in SC

19. BluecatSC

BluecatSC New Member

State:
    SC
    Great catch Bill. Did the log cat bend your pole. Also what kind of rod are you using.

20. Fishin Chick69

Fishin Chick69 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    LOL, tree fish are MY speciality.. That's definitely a wall hanger for sure..:smile2: