Power Pro Red

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 9, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i think ive made up my decision...... im going to buy a spool of POWER PRO RED 300yd 50 - 40 lb but im curious why this stuff is red?????? is there a different formula in it or something ( its cheaper on ................. then the other colors )

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Before you by it make sure you guides are stainless steel if not sure call the rod maker and see if not chances are it will cut into them and ruin your rod

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Don't know if it's any different or not, but it sure looks good on my Phil King Driftmaster rod with an Abu 6500 line counter reel on it.:big_smile:

The red line "accents" the red rod wraps.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The red is supposed to be a new design that is supposed to be nearly invisible in the water to fish. Also, the "new formula" Power Pro is stated to NOT eat line guides up. That may or may not be true, but time will tell. I have found that color, moss green, fluorescent, red, etc, will ALL fade when used a lot in the sun, so color should really be NO issue when buying this line. My first purchase was a spool of the 100# red. I like it a lot just because I like the way it looks on my reels! There was no red in stock for my next purchase, so I went with 80# moss green. I don't think color matters one iota, since it will ALL fade anyhow. As long as it is at least 80#, I am happy. As posted in another thread, this stuff casts VERY well, and once again, a switch to PP and you will never go back.
    Bill in SC

5. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    It fades to pink after awhile, but that's okay.....real men are secure with pink line.

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

ive asked questions about 4-5 lines now but something told me to go with power pro...

gorillatough looks promising but ive herd it cuts guides badly....
    spiderwire stealth was my first choice but $2 more i can get PP
    cortland spectrum looked like a winner but i didnt like the diameters

i guess its between gorillatough and PP ( im going to go nuts figuring it out )

gorilla has the edge on price :eek:oooh:

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i read on the web that PP and stren are the only 2 braids that have or maintain the structure like mono...... and that other braids are more flat...... instead of being a line they are like a ( STRIP )

also that some of you have said that PP is some tough stuff and thats wat i need......

thanks all for helping me make my decision!!!!!!!!

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have 15# red Power Pro on two of my lightweight spinning rigs. The line is great so far, but there are some potential issues that I will discuss in a post in the tackle section.

9. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    red is the first color to disappear underwater and thats the reason for the red line no other reason. i like flourocarbon leader better though.

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <also that some of you have said that PP is some tough stuff and thats wat i need......>

Some of the toughest stuff I ever saw. Forget about cutting it with nail clippers. BUY some and thank me later! :)
    BB in SC