Power pro or spiderwire stealth losing color

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by back channel, Jun 11, 2006.

1. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The power pro that I have is losing its color. I only used it about 8 times. The book said to take a colored perminate marker and color the line. Of course I did this with a sharpie and can not catch a catfish. I can acatch other type of fish thoug. Are the catfish not biting becuase of the sent. Also if there are any other suggestions on coloring line I would apprecieate it.

Thanks,

Scott

2. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ill bet more than likeley that that scent is deturing them. I dont think you need to recolor the line. I use the green and it faded last year and im still fishing with it. In stead of being green it faded gray but i still catch fish on it, and the line is still as tough as the day i put it on.

3. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    Hard to say if the marker is the problem, maybe the cats are spawning. Either way the smell should wear off with a few time soaking.

If you are concerned about smell, don't use the marker on the last 30-50 feet. That way any smell that may come off the line is far from the hook and dilluted to the point the fish wouldn't know what or where the smell came from. OR don't bother recoloring it.

4. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I use PowerPro alot and I like it. I haven't changed the line on one outfit with 50 pound PP for a year (don't use it much), and I haven't had a breakoff yet (I save it for the biguns').

5. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Don't worry about coloring your Powerpro, it will still catch fish no matter what color it is. I have line on some reels for over 4 years. Still tough as day one. Do that with mono!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I wouldnt worry about coloring it. I use PowerPro exclusively and sometimes it does start to fade, but it still does just fine. I just dont worry about the fading color.

7. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It will keep getting lighter and lighter until it's almost white. Unless you are fishing clear waters, I wouldn't worry about it. Even then I doubt it would matter to the catfish.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have tried all the braids and eventually they all fade.My solution is to use White FINS IGFA braid!:big_smile: I like white because I can see it very well at night,same reason I use white rods.With my luck it will probably fade to HI-VIS Yellow!!:lol:

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Scott, You might try turning it around. Take it off, rewinding it on a spare spool then transfer it to another spool and finally put it back on your reel. This will have you using the other end of the line and the color will be like new. It takes some work but it would probably be worth it. I done that this year before I started fishing for the same reason. Hope this helps.

ST

10. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Everyone, thanks for the responses.

Scott