Power Pro line color?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by getbit, Feb 14, 2008.

1. getbit

getbit New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I am switching all my reels over to power pro and I love the way the phantom Red line looks, Has anyone ever tried this? I like the yellow also, I just want a line that I can see easily, and I think the red will be easy to see and may also give the impression of bleeding! Also has anyone ever tried the Ugly Braid, you can buy it pretty cheap and I was wondering how well it was? I may get some just to try on a few reels!

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I've only used the green. It pretty much disappears when it is under water.
    I don't care if I can see it or not. What can the fish see?

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have only used to green line, mainly because i am worried about what the fish can see. but i know a few people that use the yellow and they like it. you can deinately see it really well in low light conditions. if you are using a mono or flurocarbon leader then i would go with whatever one you like best. its all about personal preference. go with what you like.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I mainly night fish so I prefer yellow or white when I can find it. The green is OK but the small diameter makes it almost impossible to see, day or night:wink:

I have one reel spooled with Ugly Braid and so far, so good. The fish in my avatar came off Ugly Braid, I think.

5. CATFISH HUNTER61

CATFISH HUNTER61 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    have all three and like yellow best.just rember to use a mono leader about two foot long.works for me.

6. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    I've fished with white, yellow, and green. For fishing during the day under bright light conditions I like the green best for the visibility, the white and yellow seem to wash out in the bright light and are hard to see. As far as catching fish, they is no difference in them. Something I like to do is to fish with different colors of line in case you get lines tangled up, it helps in sorting out the tangles. No matter what color you can't go wrong with power pro. I hope this helps out.