Power Pro Knots

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by SURFPREP, Nov 29, 2009.

1. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    I switched my Abu C-6500 over to Power Pro 50# this year and it works great.

I switched my Spinning reel over to 50# Power Pro and twice I had a bad tangle about 5 feet up from my hook. Everything cast ok, but after sitting in the river for 20 minutes, I bring it in and the line looked like someone tied about 4 knots together.

Anyone have problems with Power Pro on a spinning reel?

2. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    I don't use any type of braid. But a swivel with a mono leader would most likely stop your line twist problem.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Same here also.

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I just started using braid, haven't gotten it wet yet, and just ordered another spool from Team Catfish. I was fishing last summer with a guy, sittin in a lake the boat spinning in circles, his line was loose and he got a pretty good knot, but he was able to get it out.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. Should solve the problem.

6. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    check the roller bearing on your reel. it sounds like it needs some lube and go with the mono topshot and swivel.

7. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I have never encountered any problems with Power Pro on any of my spinning rigs.

8. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I use power pro on my driffting rigs, sounds like you have line twist in the line . I get that sometimes when I put my bait on wrong making it twrill over to fast for swivel to handle. at home I walk out all the line on reel with nothing on end of line.reel it back in holding line above reel,that should release the twist in line.then I use (reel magic sray) on the reel and line,has worked for years for me keeps the line like new.

9. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    I use a swivel and mono leader. I think the comment about the bait being put on wrong may the issue. I used a good size cut of skip jack and there was a small current.

Thanks for the help.

Bill

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i use 80# power pro and don't have any problems on my spinning gear, i do use a swivel with about 4' of mono leader as well

11. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    On a rare occasion that happens to me. I just summed it up as bad luck. I didn't relate it to the power pro.

12. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree with these guys, all I use is braid and before I used mono leaders I always had the problem, but I use a leader of 12-18" depends if Im using a bobber to keep bait off the bottom or not

13. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    Weird thing is that I was using Abu Garcia 6500 right next to my spin caster with the same Power Pro. Fishing in the same area, no twist.

I got on the Power Pro website and am sending them a sample. I'll let you know if they tell my anything.

Thanks for the help.

14. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've had happen ,then I watched what was going on. In a spinning reel if you see a loop sticking out of the spool stop and strip it out before continuing as the out going line catchs the loop and drags it out to eather cause a spool tangle or if close to the top of the spool a snag in the line on the out going line. Never have it happen on a level wind .