Power Pro Fishing Line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by HOKIEFISHER, May 5, 2009.

1. HOKIEFISHER

HOKIEFISHER New Member

State:
    Halifax, Va
    I'm thinking about trying some Power Pro line and i was wondering if it was flourecent?

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Will, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:. Haven't seen the flourecent power pro but the red is fairly easy to see. If kept inside the color holds well but will fade if left in the sun.

3. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
  4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    There is the high visibility yellow, but I had a forumee in Georgia say he did not have much luck with it. Dunno if the fish could see it or what. I use the phantom red. It is quite visible on the reel, but nearly invisible in the water, and from the rod to the water. That said, I still love the phantom red. The moss green would be my second choice. Whatever you decide, Power Pro RULES and you won't be disappointed!!! Go with at LEAST 80 to 100#. I prefer 100# with a 60# fluorocarbon leader. See my post a couple of post below this, to verify the "power" of this combination of Power Pro and fluorocarbon. Hope this helps you!

Bill in SC

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i use 80# high vis. yellow power pro on all my reels and love it, its all i use:0a23:

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    WHAT CASTS BETER SPIDER WIRE OR POWER PRO, I SEE NO NEED OF USING ANYTHING OVER 50 POUND TEST, IM WANTING A THINER BRAID THAT CAST BETTER, SO WOULD YOU RECOMEND SPIDER OR POWER PRO, I GOT TO GET OUT THERE 50 YARDS AND STILL HAVE THE BRUTAL STREATH

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Power-Pro is with out a dout the best, Just like to ad I have tryed all colors & cant tell a bit of difference, Cought a lot of fish over 50# on yellow dont think the color matters a bit !

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    WHAT MAKES POWER PRO BETER THAN SPIDER WIRE, WERE TALKING BRAID NOT MONO, RIGHT, I HATE MONO UNLESS ITS ON MY PEEN REEL IT WONT CAST BRAID,

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have been using 50lb test power pro for a long time now and I have no gripes with it at all.

10. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    You can always get those markers that will make any like glow under black light. You can use it on your rod tips or the whole rod if you want. Black light will make it light up so you can see it better at night. The markers are cheap too but you need a black light to see it.

11. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    all that i've fished with was green, but it's a great line casts good and the low stretch is lovely when hoisting fish outa of log jam. I would definitly reccommend it. I've tried both power pro and spiderwire both serve their purpose but your reel is the biggest factor. power pro on baitcaster spiderwire on spinning that's the way that i've always done it. I run 65 pp on my casters and 80 sw on my spinnin. may be overkill a little but i always say better safe than sorry.

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I use the TUf-LIne braid in yellow.I thought the yellow might have been spooking them a little too.I keep a black magic marker in my box,I cut a slit in the tip and I run the last couple of feet through it to make it black.I don,t know if this actually helps me,but it,s one less thing to worry about.