Power Pro 65# Green

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Feb 11, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    What is everyone's opinion on Power Pro 65# green line .... have heard it was pretty good ... how is thickness of line ... to heavy or about right for the weight? ..... Was thinking about ordering some. .... Garry-

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've switched to it on my tournament rods and really like it. It has about the same diameter as 17 lb. mono. I still run 50 lb. mono for leaders.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have it spooled on a few of my abu garcias. I have had no problem with it. I mainly use it when lake fishing. I like the castability of it, and the sensitivity. I have used it on the river, but still prefer mono over braid when fishing heavy cover! I has more to do with the person and how you fish it. Like any braid, you can whip the rod on a hookset. I also back my drags down a hair more when fishing braid. rollo

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have used it and the only problem I've had is it icing up on the spool after it gets wet. Didn't like it as much as mono when using circle hooks either.

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Garry, If you plan on river fishing or fishing around rocks, go up to the 80lb. Only a couple bucks more and it gives a little more abrasion resistance. I've had the same 80lb PP on for 4yrs this should be the 5th. Haven't broke one off yet cept on purpose when snagged up. But that takes a little strategy lol.