Power Plus Trophy class rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by goodyear, May 8, 2007.

1. goodyear

goodyear New Member

State:
    Lawton oklahoma
    I just bought two of these and i am hopeing they will fare well with blue cats and flatys. They are rated at 50 to 80# and are 7 foot.( I have a boat) What do yall think of these rods. thanks. O yea I have been a member for two days now and I think im really going to like this place.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Are you talking abouyt BAsspro shop Power Plus rods. I had a 8' surf rod last year that snapped on me. Wouldn't ever use that model again. the Basspro shop only sells one really good rod that will hold to big fish. There the musky rods designed by Pete Manina. I have 3 of them with no complaints.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have one 7 ft. rod rated for 12-30 lb. line with a Shimano Charter Special 2000 spooled with 20 lb.mono. I also have 2 of the 7.5 ft. rated for 10-25 lb.test line with Cabela's Salt Striker 6600 reels spooled with 30 lb.braid on them.All good so far.No big fish on them to date.I love you Brothers and Sisters,peewee

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    They might be decent rods.

5. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had two 7' 6" MH. I also had one of the tips break off mine. Didn't see it catch on anything, broke on a cast.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    My buddy McLean whooped the crap out of a 50lb class flathead with one about 3 weeks ago and I mean whooped on it. He was really able to work that fish, however, he doesn't like the rod at all. Don't really know why though, he just said it's a "cheap" rod and doesn't like it. It's an 8 footer though.