Power Plus rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Ohio_River_Rat, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    river_rat_42's computer is down so he asked me to post this for him:

Bass Pro has PowerPlus rods for catfishin. I'd like to give them a try but i haven't heard about them. Anyone know anything about them?

2. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    I got 2 of them, 1 with a Penn 209 and 1 with Penn 309, I like them both and they don't dent your wallet to bad either :thumbsup:

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've been using the 7'6" flipping stick for almost 10 years now - no complaints!

4. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    Just got around to reading this post. Well seing as how I like to test everything bass pro produces. (*my wife works there so I can save some cash*) Let me say first hand, if you are chasin BIG cats, lend that Power Plus to your brother who does more Bass fishing than cattin. Also I didn't know that they produced the Power Plus Rods 10 years ago. Anyway, They absolutely, positively, SUCK A D@#K for big cattin. I have the pieces of the 5, yes I said 5, that broke while trying to land Big Blues within the last 14 months. The CatMaxx rods on the other hand, are the S*!t!!!!!! They Kick A$$...... I use nothing else. Was a die hard Tiger guy and will never use a Tiger again.

5. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    I agree about those catmaxx rods i got a 10' catmaxx and really like it

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I don't know what they are like now but I bought a bunch awhile back and none of them fit together properly and it was hard to get reels to fit on them straight.