Power plus Rods??

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catfishboy1995, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Has any one ever used these? im looking for a new rod nand want a twc rod but dont have the money now and need a rod now!!!Welder...You can post if you want but i know what your going to say:smile2::smile2::smile2::wink::big_smile:

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    welder is an expert and he loves them,so get one send him a pm and tell him slikk sent you,depending on what type of catfishing your doing their are the longer and shorter ones,if your using circal hooks and long casts get the longest one the make,they are probly better than uglysticks ,just ask welder

3. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    If you are wanten a cheap but good rod. Try big game rods i think they are made by berkly.

4. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Yea big game rods are made by berkely...im just looking for a good rod as i said i want to get a TWC rod next year but now im looking for a cheap rod and the big game was one of my choices...the others being a power plus and a ugly cat..

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    get the bp,or a berly glowstick,both are great,pulled in manny over 20,they will last you 2 years of heavy fishing,the bp welder recomends are great as he is a huge fishing expert

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I have a couple of berkley glowsticks and have not had any complaints, so far.

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    their the best rods ive ever used for flatheads,now for long cast with 8 oz wheight they wont do good for bigriver blues if your triying for them super long cast from shore

8. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Yea i have been seriously looking into the glow sticks but i keep hearing the blank dont go all the way through the handle and break off about 8 in or so from the but:confused2::confused2::eek:oooh:

9. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I got two glow sticks. not any problems yet. I got an 8' MH casting and a 7'm spinning I lifted an 18 lbs carp out of the water and 10 foot up on top of a wing dike and it didn't break. i paid 32 for on and 35 for the other.

10. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i got a power pluss at bass pro a few years back... got it as a combo rod/reel its a lighter action rod i bought for fishing for smaller "stocked" channels its a good little setup.

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    it could but ive laned a 50 and a 42 with the rod bent in half, if you want to get a good rod for decent casting and very durable get the bigwater uglystick heavy action,but ther about 70 bucks