Power Plus and Power Stick Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 10, 2007.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I was wondering if anyone has used the Offshore Angler 7' Power Stick or the Power Plus Trophy Class rods sold by Bass Pro. I have used the Power Stick which is rated at 20-50 lb. numberous times and it seems to be a really decent catfish rod for what I've used it for which is mainly channel catfish, the Power Plus Rod is rated at 50-80 lb. test line and is 7' on the rod itself it says its a boat rod--it's got a big end, never used it in the years I've had it but I'm sure there is slim to absolute no sensitivity at the tip which is as round as a pencil if not a dab more. I was wondering if this would be a good blue or flathead rod, and how durable are they---I no they aren't a Tiger rod but 8-9 yrs. ago I knew nothing about buying rods and picked this and the Power Stick up to fish in the Wichita River with in Byers Tx.

2. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a buddy who uses the Power Plus Trophy Class Rods from Bass Pro. I used it on one of our trips last year and it held up just fine. And, he caught alot of catfish on it last year when I was with him and he handled them all real easily with that rod. I use the catmaxx rods though, they're my favorite. But, you can't beat the price on one of the Power Plus Trophy Rods.

3. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Ya, thought for 19.00 that if it works for a year or so then I'll get my money's worth. I think this last weekend if I had another 60.00 I might have bought some Catmax rods.