power plant lakes

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishscotty, Dec 10, 2007.

1. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    hello i would like to hear from some people that haved fished thomas hill or lacygne power plant lakes . thanks scotty

2. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    I dont know but I hear they got big old snapping turtles people like to put in there bathtubs!!!!

3. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Pssst hey maybe Steve's got some turtle throwing nets.

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :smile2::smile2: dont forget to get your anti snapping turtle hooks.

5. MoCatfisher

MoCatfisher New Member

Hi Scotty...

I've fished La Cygne a lot of nice cats and some huge stripers and wipers out there, and if you get bored you can catch whites...the warm water outlet is accessible from the bank too...haven't fished it in the last couple of years due to lack of a boat...biggest draw back is lays North to South and it can get some major swells pretty quick...my highest 'pucker factor' came on that lake on a scale of 1-10 it was a 12...lol...4 to5' rolling swells...fishing in a cove and came around the corner into the waves...not a fun thing...
    as far as Thomas Hill, I've never fished it but a guy I worked for did all the time...caught a lot of fish up there...

6. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've fished Lacygne quite a bit. Tons of dink channel cats at the hot water outlet and have seen a few nice flatheads come out of there also. I mainly fish there for the crappie, white bass, and hybrids. Biggest hybrid was 14 pounds caught at night on a rattletrap. And yes, I've also been caught in the 4-5 foot swells. You know they're big when the motor comes out of the water when the bow comes off the top of a swell. Fun winter time fishing though. Chris

7. kctinner

kctinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have fished lacygne quite abit they do have a ton of small channels on the hot water return side,hybrid and striper fishing is awesome there ihave caught alot of nice fish on a silver spoon just follow the birds! I have some buddies that have caught some real nice bass outta there this time of year.