power plant fishing

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by biermann83, Dec 15, 2009.

1. biermann83

biermann83 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was just wondering if any of you have tried your luck at any of the power plant lakes or warm water discharges yet this winter. I was thinking of giving it a try cause we did real well back in febuary and march but wasn't sure about this time of year

2. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i would think that the temp has fallen enuff to make the bait fish to school around the warm water, where there is larger # of bait fish should be kittys close by,

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I never had any luck fishing the warm water discharges on the river.. Had luck getting bait but never any kitties.. My old stompin grounds was above Alton around the power plant but not the warm water..

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Holy CRAP Harold......Look what the new year has blown in???? Thought you got ate by gators in the swamp!!! LOL!!

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Nope, have only seen one small gator since I got here.. Just not enough hours in the day to do everything anymore.. Must be an age thing.. In bed by 8 every night to get rested for work..

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    good to hear from you again Harold... We was just talking about you last week.. PM a number or something... Stay in touch bro

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah, what Willie said.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Not a member Harold but good to see you you posting once again

9. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Welcome back,Harold.I don't know about the power plant thing,but I know the Blues bite year round in the rivers.

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yep there's catfish up there and I had good luck year round.. Ijust never had any luck fishing the warm water..