Power handles

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by truck, Jan 5, 2006.

1. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Anybody use these on their 6500's?And where is the best place to buy them and how much are they?

2. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Good question Truck. I would like to know the same thing. I'll be watching this post for info.

Thanks

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Truck,

You can find them all day on EBay for $12.95. I have a trophy 6500, which has a power handle & boy oh boy are they nice.

4. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Yes they are great and the best place to buy them in my opinion is Catfish Connection, one of our sponsers. Go to the link in the sponser section and you should be able to find a price on them.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Chuck, I forgot about CC. :crying: Sorry...

6. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    They're a mandatory item in my book. Especially if you're dealing with anything more than a couple of ounces.
    /Scott

7. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Yes get them. They are the only thing to have on your 6500. It makes a huge difference. Like chuck said Catfish conection has them.

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Your right, Catfish Connection sells them. I think they had them for $13.65, in silver or black.

9. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i have four 6500 and four 6600 that have the power handles. upgraded last summer, best move i ever made.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I assume so, but can the Abu 6000's take the 6500 Power Handle?

11. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    The ABU Power handle will fit ALL Ambassadeurs either right or left handed. They are a great addition!

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Truck they make the 6500 reel even better, you wont be sorry if you get them.

13. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Got some on order yesterday ;)After using a 7000c3 last week I thought it would help the 6500's.Thanks guys

14. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Jut picked one up at Cabelas ($15). Could have ordered it - but I got impatient.

15. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Ba$$ Pro has them on their site also.

Ray

16. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

tou can get the perty ones(japanese,ported, etc.) at the reel candy section of hatteras outfitters website

17. frank1228

frank1228 New Member

State:
    delawaer
    :cool: HI,all this is one of my cat holes,but the biggest i'v cought here is
    12pbls. ST.joners river in Dover De.

18. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    This may be a little off topic but a few people I have talked to dismiss the power handle for their Abus because its hard to manipulate the drag star for them. I think I might have found a solution in the form of the stars off of 2006 c3 and c4 classics. The tines on the star have been made longer and also have been reprofiled. The guy at my local tackle shop also said that they are interchangable with the older reels. Hope this helps with any brothers having this problem.

Dave

19. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Do you mean without damaging it? if so the power handle aint mutch longer than the stocker so it shouldnt. I wanted one for my reels but didnt think I needed it esp for 15$ but I got one any way. I went out to the lake to make some pratice casts fri and like to cramped my hand up without it. That bigger grip is nice! wish they were cheeper Id get a couple more $15 for a handel:eek: :cursing: :glare:

20. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got four recently, just gave one to Flathunter yesterday. I put two on my Abu 6000's. I really like them.

I have sent my contact an email about the price. If he can sell them for what I paid him for mine, they are a steal. I really mean that too. I will keep everyone posted.