Power fishing: part 1

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by andrew76, Jan 23, 2009.

1. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Have you ever sat there at the lake watching your cork and noticed this guy across the lake or next to you who is constantly moving his corks slowly or adjusting depth, etc.? Well,that guy is me! Honestly,Im nottryingtoannoy you with all of this movement ad activity. Im not the guy who crosses you line every 3rd cast or who puts his cork on the bank in front of you from the far side of the lake or keeps casting for no apparent reason. I will discuss him later. What Im doing, is what i like to call power fishing and i have a very good reason for all of this activitybecause it results in some outstanding catches for me and can for you as well.

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I'm interested and urge you to continue. usually if I move, I don't catch anything.... :embarassed:

3. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    I sure will brother!

4. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
  5. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    think of a strike zone, not all cats lay on the bottom waiting for some food to pass by most are active looking for food in different depths. I use slip bobbers to adjust my levels to get my bait in that strike zone.

6. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Thanks jeff thats exactly whats going on here.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I only fish lakes with slip-floats and livebaits. I don't care where either. I will fish a shallow flat at night off of a creek channel in 4 foot of water with a suspended bait Or in 20 ft. of water. It is.... Very important to learn and be aware of the thermacline in lakes throughout the year. :wink: rollo