power drive

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigBird, May 26, 2009.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Took my first trip this weekend with my new to me power drive. Thanks for the purchase Dieter.
    Man-I cant begin to tell you how much easier drifting is with a power drive than a cable steer motor. I havent got the copilot yet but my buddy Sunbird taught me how to use the pedal on the console. I will get the copilot in a couple weeks.
    My next project is to redo my wiring and optomize my battery life for night fishing. I want to move my batteries and turn the space where they are now into storage. I have a phase charger to install and am also going to put in an onboard charging system with battery switch. I need to change my nav lights to led and put in additional night lighting.
    I just have the feeling there will be alot of night drifting real soon.
    See ya on the water.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Oh man,you will be in heaven when you get that co-pilot added on,thats one of the best things to come along since sliced bread:wink:I got to get rid my pad a couple of months ago at the Boaters World going out of business sale{Pineville Store},got a good deal on it and couldnt pass it up.:big_smile:

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Its nice being able to sit behind the console and work the motor. The autopilot feature makes it even better. (youll have to add that to that motor eventually) When your ready to look at the wiring let me know.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Glad that motor is working out for you.

Save some pennies and get that Co-Pilot and drifting will be a dream.

:wink: