Power bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catfish_jordan, Sep 17, 2006.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    has any one had any luck on the power bait dough ball. i had no luck what so ever. but thats probably just me.

thanks

2. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    brother that stuff is junk man. i bought some in the begaining of the fishing season and still have it in my bag. never even got a bit. i here that it is good for farm feed cats and pond cats. but have never used it there personaly

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I haave tried the liver flavor and it was not worth the money. not one bite, went and got plain livers and caught some shad and was catching fish.

4. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Good question, I was wondering the same thing. I bought some magic bait, shrimp and blood, and have seen no results, not even a bite, Hawg Wild either.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Power bait and any of the others will work, just put a gill head, worm, shrimp, liver or other real bait on the hook too. You'll catch fish.

6. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    its good for trout,, but anything else,, never had any luck,,, buddah uses the grubs and the maggots, he's caught some bass on them,, but never heard of usn them for catties

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Store bought cat bait that has a proven track records cause I used it a lot as a kid and had great sucess. That would be BJ Catfish dough bait.I have brought many stringers home while growing up. The other stuff I think is left over garbage.I won't buy it.------------pk:smile2:

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ive never had any luck on any premade bait, use fresh live

9. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    its all junk, buddah had some luck with it, but no good for catties

10. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Not worth a darn for catfishing. Save your money and buy Junnie's. Cattracker Baits are the best dip baits on the market bar none!!!!!!!! Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher or Wicked Sticky are my two favorites. We're not talking about catching a mess with this stuff either, we're talking Hundreds of fish a day on a properly chummed area using these baits. God bless.

11. hunter 327

hunter 327 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I tried power baits not worth a darn, didn't get a bite on it. don't waste your money.

12. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    worst stuff i ever used. i could've bought 3 tubs of livers or worms to catch bluey's for bait.

13. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Won't stay on the hook. :angry:

14. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Ive used it to catch bluegill in a small farm pond. I wouldn't even think twice about using it for kitties though. The blue gill like that stuff though.

Wheelmobile07

15. bigtimeblues

bigtimeblues New Member

State:
    missouri, macon
    I bought a bag of the liver this spring. Never caught a single fish on it. I even put it in my fish trap for bullheads and they didn't even want it.

16. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The only prepared bait that I've used that works almost everytime is Strike King dynabite links. It comes in many scents but the one I buy is Catalpa worm. It has caught me all sorts of fish even the one on my avatar. Its good reliable bait stays on the hook very well and STINKS. I've tried the berkley gulp livers without success numerous times, and out of a whole bag of Magic Bait i only caught one tiny bullhead along with a few turtles. I wouldn't say don't buy the other baits only because they may work some places in some conditions but the only bait thats ever stood up for the words on the package are the Strike King dynabite links trust me you should definetly try them.

17. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    i have tryed the links and i had no luck maybe it was just me and the lake

18. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    i don't think much of prepared baits, but i was tryin to catch some carp with it, and did catch one channel, but mostly it didn't work

19. AggieDave

AggieDave New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I bought a bag to use with my two daughters. It seemed perfect with the zip-loc bag and preshaped to make setting the girls up quicker. I am stubborn( cheap ) and trying to finish the bag, but no bites let alone fish. I did use it witha buddy at the river. He was broke off twice with livers, and I just switched to worms.

20. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    That stuff is useless out of one whole bag i caught one cat.It was a nice one but other then that one i never got a nibble.Ive never had much luck on the premade stuff other than the magic bait crawfish and blood flavor.