Power bait does it work

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by stinky fingers, May 16, 2007.

1. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Have you had any luck with Berkley power bait catfish bait.

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Never had any luck on any stink. Keep it with the cutbait or liver and worms for the channels. I use beef spleen quite a bit too. If you have a meat packer in your town, that's where to get it. Good luck.

-Red

3. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    Couple weeks ago I caught a real nice channel on crappie bites.

4. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    a guy at dicks told me a piece of rainbow trout... is another
    good bait for cats

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    No, never had any luck on Berkley's or most other dough baits for that matter. My preference is a good dip bait like Sonny's.

6. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I haven't caught anything with it.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Never tried the catfish stuff, but I've had pretty good success with catching bream on the crappie bites and fake maggots.

8. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I tried the berkley power bait chicken livers and the dough balls, i never even got a bite

9. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    NOPE, I tried it several different times, not one bite on it.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    My dad always said that lures are designed to catch fishermen more than the fish.

From the way it sounds, stinkbaits are catching their share of fishermen too. Who would of thunk it! :big_smile_2:

11. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I've had good luck some days and no luck at all others with it so I guess it's all up to the fishies pallet for the day!

I personally like to use Night Crawlers and Crayfish!

12. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I whole-heartedly agree!:big_smile:

13. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Works for me. This past Winter for about 3 trips all I could get them to bite was the Berkely Catfish Chunks. The ones that feel like rubber. Gives you something to fish with if you can't catch shad.

14. isaiahedwards

isaiahedwards New Member

State:
    Cincinnati.Ohio
    chicken liver, shrimp, homemade stink bait

15. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I tried the Berkley's fake liver twice. I never had a single bite on it, and I was catching plenty on the other rods I had baited with real shad and cut carp. That was enough proof for me, I don't have to ever try it again now.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Back in my Bass Fishing days I prefered the Berkley Power Worm over all others. The smell made the bass to hang on a few seconds longer which accounted for more hook ups. I have never tried the Berkley Power catfish bait. :lol::smile2:

17. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm with Mickey on this -- the Berkley Power soft plastics worked well for other fish (i.e. Ba$$, crappie, sunfish, etc.) but I haven't tried their catfish bait.

I will say that you can catch eater channels on Bee-Jay doughbait (made in North Kansas City, MO) and I've even made my own doughbaits that have caught some fish. However, it is my opinion that non-native baits don't work as well as native baits...but everyone gets lucky every once in awhile. I'd recommend using some Power Crappie Nibbles to catch a few bluegill (or other native non-game fish) and use THOSE for bait. :wink: But hey, I'm just as full of it as anyone.

18. fscii

fscii New Member

State:
    MD
    I caught a couple small channels on the berkley powerbait liver scent. probably 3-4 of them all in one day - first time i tried it. Next time, nothing. Tried their gulp liver. Nothing.

19. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Bought my first pack of it early spring and found it useless.
    Jake

20. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nada on the Berkley Power Bait for catfish. Even bought their liquid catfish attractant and squirted onto the dough bait nothing. Had one bite and was quickly dropped this was about two years ago. I tried several times eventually it got all squishy from leaving in the trunk and threw it out.