Povery Point Resevoir

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cat-chaser, Nov 6, 2005.

1. cat-chaser

cat-chaser New Member

State:
    Texas
    Am I the only member that has fished this lake in northeast Louisiana?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    cat, I understand where you are coming from. I have been watching the Louisiana post for members from Rayville, Delhi, Epps, oak grove, and Lake Providence for awhile now. I am originally from Louisiana and have fished in those areas many times. I sure would like to get more members from this area to join. We could have a good gathering in this area. My home town was Start,Louisiana yep Start, the same Place that Tim McGraw is from. By-the-way what town are you from? :confused: :glare: :D

3. cat-chaser

cat-chaser New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm originally from Houston,Tx-been living here for about a year. I've been coming up here for about 3 or 4 years,though. Right now I'm living in Madison Parish (Tallulah). There's some pretty good fishing around these parts if you know where to go. Catfish are everywhere and the crappie-outstanding.

4. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey bud im from Lafayette if that helps where I fish is little known in the last 5 years Ive fished there ive come across no other catfisherman my own private marsh gotta love it

5. ladeerhunter

ladeerhunter New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have fished poverty point 34 trips since january this year. I fished poverty point last wednesday, nov 20th, 2013, caught 54 channel cat up to 7 lb this trip. winter fishing is as good as spring time, on pp

6. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I fish Poverty Point weekly :)

7. Iron Man

Iron Man New Member

State:
    Judsonia, AR
    Planning to comedown the last week of March. Are there any nice blues in Poverty Point?

8. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    9 or 10 lbs is common, biggest one out of the lake was 30 some pounds. It's a pretty new lake.

9. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    What about Bayou Macon next to it? Anyone ever do any catfishing there?

10. ladeerhunter

ladeerhunter New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    talking catfish, only channel cat were stocked, but at marina they have pictures of 2 channels caught last year, one 30lb,and one 34lb.

11. ForEvrYng

ForEvrYng New Member

State:
    VBurg, MS
    Are the months of March and April usually good cat fishing months on Poverty Point?

12. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I know the guy that caught the 34, it was his first time on the lake. He is the "white perch" master out there too.

There are without a doubt blues in Poverty Point. I have pics of many, some showing anal fin spine count. I catch as many blues as I do channels there.

13. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I started fishing it mid-summer last year and it was insane. Game warden told me the catfishing is AMAZING in the spring, so March and April should be great.

Ready to catch some white perch this spring too... apprently it's shoulder to shoulder out there when they are on.

14. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The Macon is known for big flatheads... unfortunately I've been unable to find any public access to it.

15. Iron Man

Iron Man New Member

State:
    Judsonia, AR
    Dave, thanks so much for the info. Vetrock is my son in law and we are sitting here talking about our trip the last week in March. We are ready to catch cat and perch.

16. ForEvrYng

ForEvrYng New Member

State:
    VBurg, MS
    Thanks for the response Dave. I am planning on fishing it some this spring for cays and crappie.

17. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You guys let me know when you are gonna be there if you'd like some company. I am super ready for the spawn!

18. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Nothing in Poverty Point like you have in your avatar, but if I can find access to the Macon... supposed to be some BIG flatheads in there!

19. Iron Man

Iron Man New Member

State:
    Judsonia, AR
    We will be there the last week in March. Pulling down on that Monday and staying all week. I have site #1 reserved in the park. I am so ready. Yeah that cat was a MS. River cat. 60 lb'r. Quite fun anchored in that current. lol