Pound for Pound

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Ed1, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have caught several channel and flathead cats but cant remembor cathing many blues. But was wandering whitch cat pound for pound do you all thinks fights the hardest. Example 20 pound channel,flathead or blue.

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Hav'nt caught any flats or blue's. Big channels dont fight very hard at all. Welcome to the BOC

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Since I havn't caught a 20 pound flathead I have to say a blue fights the hardest.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I say channels. A twenty pounder has been around for a while and has probably learned how to break a few lines.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Also depends on if you are fishing river or lake fish as well. The river fish has the current to work with therefore they may be stronger due to that fact. I have caught good fighters in Blues and also flatheads, but blues tend to roll over at the end of the fight and the flats were fighting all the way to the net. So nI would have to say the flat since I have caught 30 pound flats and also blues at the same weight. The flats outperformed the blues in the same weight class.

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I don't catch many flatties, but lots of blues and channels. The channels win going away.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I guess it just depends on what kinds of cats you fish for. I say blues though.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome Brother Welcome!! Glad to have you on board and sincerely hope you enjoy this place as much as the rest of us do! Happy Holidays!:smile2:

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Haven't caught any flatheads over about 20". The blues seem to like to take it deep and try to wrap you around things more than channels. The channels fight as hard for the same size, but are more willing to take it to the top.