potty training

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MrFlathead, Aug 17, 2009.

1. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il
    I have a question... My 6 year old was potty trained by the time he was 3 but my youngest is proving to be rather stubborn. He is 3 years and 1 month old and continues to stand or sit or whattever and watch himself piss on the floor or couch. I ask him where he is supposed to pee and he says in the toilet upstairs but has never made it up there himself and would just rather watch the piss roll down his leg. Can someone help me with this issue cause I am getting frustrated?

2. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I made a game out of it. I threw a cigarette butt in the toilet and had him try to sink it. It got to where my kid would ask me to. Bout killed me.

3. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My son is 2 1/2 years old, and I gave him half a tootsie roll everytime he used the toilet. Just make it fun.

4. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    zach, i really dont have too much advice for you that you havent already heard.. like others said, throw stuff in the toilet, and let him sink it.. cheerios work great. with my son, it was right around his 3rd birthday, he just snapped out of it.. i had tried everything, didnt work, so i gave up.. one morning, he just came to me, and said he didnt want to wear diapers (pull-ups) anymore, and wanted me to get him some big boy underwear.. hasnt had a problem since, not even night time accidents.. i think he was just being stubborn, trying to prove a point.. the little S#@$!

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    It probably isnt right in the views of some folks but my friend got his boy to start by making him feel embarrassed for wearing diapers. His son was just content on staying in diapers and fought him tooth and nail to keep wearing them. He took his son to places with lots of kids his age one day such as the playground, indoor kids romper rooms etc.. and kept leaving when his son thought he was going to play and have fun. He kept telling his son " Oh well we gotta go no kids with diapers aloud here" then on to the next place and did the same thing. His son started throwing a fit and he explained that in order for him to be aloud in those places he would have to stop wearing diapers :wink: A week later he never wore them again.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dont fret he will do it, my oldest was good to go at about 2 1/2 - 3 and my youngest waited till at least 3 1/2 to get done and he wouldnt get out of our bed till 4 the little punk LOL

7. P-Collins

P-Collins New Member

State:
    conway ark
    my son is 3 and he has no interest in poottying, so we finally put him in underwear to see if it works, sometimes he will go in the potty at daycare, but not at home, i am frustrated, as well:smile2:

8. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Like the others already said, make a game of it by putting something that floats in the toilet. I have four boys and one girl and found the funner I made it, the easier it was to train them. With my boys I would put two our three miniature marshmallows in the toilet and have them do some target shooting. After they were done I would make a big deal about what a big boy they were. I also would give them a piece of candy or a cookie. Another thing that helped my boys to learn was taking them outside and letting them "Water" the trees and flowers.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    If my mom had done that with me I would have jumped in trying to get those marshmallows:smile2: