potomac trip and first blue catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by lendog, Nov 1, 2009.

1. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    well we made it back, had a great time meetin up and spendin the day out with mike(PIP) on his seaark which is an awesome ride, mike was alot of fun and a very cool guy with lots of knowledge of the area and the water down there. made it on the water a little after 4am and within mins. john(NPT) was on a fish, his first blue at 19#, john should of been well rested considering he got a couple hours sleep on the ride down:smile2:, while we were gonna get a pic of johns fish i get a run and land a 42#'er, this made for a nice pic with both of us:wink:, tide and wind made for tough conditions and a tough bite, john picked up a nice 36#'er(his new avatar) a couple hours later and a few other fish under 12#s were caught by both of us, that whole area is real nice and gettin out on mike's boat was awesome, wanna thank mike for havin us down and showin us the ropes:0a31:, would gladly fish with ya anytime and if ya want to get some flatheads this spring i'll gladly take ya on a skuke run in my jet:cool2: thanks again and don't forget ta check your tackle box:wink:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    There ya go dawg. Better cherish the moment cause you aren't ever going to catch a fish in the #40's in Pa.:smile2:

3. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Hell of a trip guys sounds like a blast:wink:

4. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    im envious. those are some nice fish. I havent had much luck this year. Glad to see someone has.:wink:

5. Len, you make a good shouffer:eek:oooh:, just pick up a set of shocks and get that seat lever fixed!:angry::smile2: Great fishing again with ya pal.:wink:

Mike-
    It was a great trip, even for those conditions. You busted your arse to get us on fish, and we both walked away with new PB's. Your knowledge and Captaining were outstanding bro, and the boat is sweet. I can't thank you enough for the experience. I'm fixin up a little trip video for ya to enjoy bro. I'll get it to you soon, and hope to fish again with ya bud.

-NPT

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    and spinning equipment is the way to go!!!! :wink:

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    awesome fish fellas. way to go Mike for getting them on fish. congrats on the new PB's fellas. looks like a great time.

8. The mojo helped alot bro, thanks again!:wink:

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I told you Pip would find some fish.

Most of us has fished all year without 40lb catfish.

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    To be able to fish with lenny and John made for a good trip. Bait was just plain tough to get. 5 hours for 5 shad. the weather, coastal flooding and the moon this past week made for challenging conditions. I was a bit surprised that when we first started we only had 2 rods out so far and 2 fish boated in roughly the first 10 minutes. I was thinking, ok, this is what I'l been telling the guys about the fall bite, this is going to be one of those good days to be out. Then the winds started up and it got tough to even anchor, and ruled out a lot of holes being fishable.

Between John and Lenny, there is plenty of picture to see. I looked at John's camera at one point and didn't realize he was taking all these pictures. Should be a good video of the day.

You can most times pick something new from each trip out and I think we all seen something we all might not have seen before. 57 degree water temp. 1 to 2' waves from the winds and here comes this guy out of no where standing on what looked like a surfboard paddling all over the place. I don't think John got any pictures of him, but to my thinking this guy was about a sixpack short of a case. LOL!!!

John and Lenny, Thank you for the something in the tackle box, but not neccessary. I must be getting old or slipping. You 2 are the first in a long time to be able to do that. Anytime I can get out on the water for a good day and good company is all I'm looking for, everything else is just a plus.

2 PB's and a bunch of smiles and good company is better then sitting at home on thinking about fishing any day.

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

John,Len,Pip,Outstanding work gentlemen!:cool2::cool2:

12. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Pip maybe some of us west siders can get together and book a trip. I'm sure three of us could come up with something that would work.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great reports Mike, John and Lenny! :big_smile: Congrats John and Lenny on the PB's! :cool2: I want to fish with you guys! :0a23: :0a32:

14. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    looks like an awesome trip guys!!! congrats on the big fish:cool2:

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    gonna have to start calling you fellas the blues brothers. :cool2::cool2::cool2: :wink::smile2:

16. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    John and Lenny, awesome fish there guys. Thanks for sharing. Mike, sounds like you did an outstanding job of putting these two brothers (BOC brothers) on to some awesome fish. Thank you for a job well done.

Ray

17. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Congrats, guys, on the nice catches. Good to hear you had a fun day. Nice pictures too.

18. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, that sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! Congratulations on the jumbo blues and a nice fish-off fish too!

19. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa

Dave, I'd be happy to take ya out for a day if I'm heading down. Shoot, bring Scott and Pat with ya. But I'm not a guide, nor have any intentions to be one. Only thing that it will cost ya is to get your butts out here. I can't even gaurantee we'll catch anything. Although the odds of the skunk is slim. There has been only 1 time since I've been going down there, that we haven't been able to at least put a 30#er on the boat. (knock on wood). It's not my fishing abilities either. This fishery out here is just loaded with fish from 50#'s on down. Not the biggest blues like some of the other places around the country, but fun to catch, none the less. Hopefully, in 2 weeks Ken, Tan and if Joe wants to come too, we'll see if we can't get into them.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  20. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    1st off thanks for the report lenny, congrats to Jhon and lenny for entering the 40#club. Pip my hats off to ya for puttin these fellas on fish. Id feel bad going and takeing up space and room on Ken and Tans trip. I do wanna fish with you again but, I think I should take my own ride. I am just broke. How much does it cost?
    Im guessing correct me if im wrong:confused2:

Maryland liscence 50$
    Navionics chip $100
    Gillnet ?
    gill net permit $20
    Va liscence ??
    gas $150

Ill probably need over $400 just to think about goin. :sad2:
    Why 4AM, something to do with the tides right :confused2: what exactly??