Potomac River Spass Revisited!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by HOPPY4, Oct 28, 2008.

1. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I decided to return for another session of Potomac Spass since I was limited on time yesterday. It was unusual for me to fish on Sunday, but this was the time that I had for this weekend. The fact that it was the day of the USMC Marathon didn't help the access problems along the river. To my surprise, the Law enforcement Officers directed me to the ways of avoiding traffic so that I could park. I got my gear out of the truck and parked just as the cannon sounded for the event to begin. I rigged the first Rod for Catfish and cast it into the water. I finished the other two and the weight was on. As the first group of runners came by I was greeted by the sound of my middle alarm. This turned out to be a 12lb. Common and a Very Good Start!! I was greeted shortly thereafter by the next run which turned out to be a 15lb. Common, followed by an 18lb. Common. As the runners came by in the next group my Catfish rod was being pulled almost out of the pod. This turned out to be a Good Fight as the bend in the rod made the onlookers stop to see. After 5 minutes of drag pulling and rod bending tug of war, I saw what was the culprit. A 33lb. Blue Catfish was gracing my matt and I was one Happy Camper. A British couple witnessed the capture and made photos for me. A short time later, my left Carp rod twitched a couple of time and then the alarm sounded. I lifted the rod and felt what seemed to be a Good fish. After a Good fight, I was greeted with a 26lb. Common on my matt. This had turned out to be a Fantastic Sunday morning and I felt Very Happy to be out. The remainder of the session was followed by another 15lb. and finally a 13lb. fish. I missed 3 other Carp bites and 1 more Catfish bite before my departure. A day of Good Weather and Better FISHING!

HOPPY4

Attached Files:

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats! Those are some nice fish.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You don't post much James. But when you do its a good one. THANX!!!!!

4. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Thank You BOTH!!!!! I spend more of my time reading what others are saying and will provide Help or Give a Pat on the Back when I think they DESERVE IT! For me, it not about the number of times that I post, but the content of that post!

HOPPY4

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice fish! Way to tear 'em up. :cool2: