Potomac River Report Nov 16

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Folks, if you're not fishing this time of year, your missing out. I launched at 6:30 this morning, river was high but clear...lots of debris. Went to the usual bait spot but only managed two cutters and one White Sucker in one hour of soaking the net. Went to a drop off and marked fish in 35 feet. I deployed three lines...correction, I intended to deploy three lines but after getting one line in and getting the second baited, the first rod went down...a 22 lber. Rebaited and threw out again, got the second rod in and was baiting the third rod when the other two went down at the same time. Boated a 35 and a 28. It went like this the rest of the morning...never did get the third rod in. All told I boated 17 cats between 18 lbs and 49 lbs. Water temp was 56 degrees and the tide was moving out.

Here's a pic of the 49 lber and a 37 lber.

Now stop reading stuff on the computer and get out there and fish!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    Outstanding, guess I need to give the Potomac a try sometime soon. Sounds like you had a blast. Well done!!!!!

Pete

3. Awesome report Chuck.

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats Chuck, thats a dream day in anybody's book

5. critter68

critter68 New Member

State:
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Great job Chuck! Grappler had a 4 hour trip like that last night. Had 4 rods go down at one time - 18, 34, 35 and 40! By the way, where did you put in and go to? I haven't fished much below the mouth of the Occocquan.

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I usually launch out of Leesylvania State Park...it's an easy run to some areas just below Quantico MCB, near Piscataway Creek on the MD side.

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think Chuck, if you fished in a mud puddle yesterday you caught fish. Last night I spoke to two pals. One hit two farm ponds yesterday and caught Crappie and Bass, (5 over 6 pounds) until he was tired of catching and another pal went to the Rappahannock river between Waterview and the Route 3 Bridge and loaded up on Stripers to 42 inches.

8. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I believe you are correct...definitely a day to remember...until the next one. :big_smile:

9. Jesus, I am living in the wrong state!:confused2::embarassed::smile2:

Good reports guys.:wink:

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Im leaving Tuesday evening to head up to Silver Spring for the holiday. With that report you have me wanting to drag the boat up, but unfortunatly I cant this time. I might get out on the bay for some striper fishing Friday on my buddys boat but thats not 100%. He doesnt like to fish in the cold weather.

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Heck of a bunch of trips there guys!

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats Chuck-gotta love days like that!