Potomac River Report Nov 10

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Launched out of Leesylvania SP and got bait quickly. Ran to a deep hole and marked a load of fish at 35 feet. Anchored on a slack tide and deployed four rods...one with a very large chunk of bait in the deepest part of the hole. Nothing happened until the tide started coming in and water started moving. First fish was a fat 22 lber that I had just released when the deep water rod went down. It felt like a good fish and the fight was spirited. When he finally came up it was a 34 lber that thought he was bigger. In four hours of fishing I managed to boat 12 fish all between 20 and 40 lbs. As I was leaving, I stopped by a group of four fishermen in a Lund to offer them my remaining bait. They declined so I headed to a pontoon boat that was just getting set up. The driver noticed my BOC flag and I introduced myself...it turned out to be Earl1 and his wife. We had a nice chat but he had enough bait so I ran back to Leesylvania and saw three guys on the fishing pier. I offered them the bait and they were very happy for it...I hope they caught some good ones on them. A very beautiful day with no wind and hungry fish....can't ask for more than that.

Water temp was 56 degrees, incoming tide.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good job Chuck!

Nice fish as usual. I was coming in to work this morning and noticed the overcast skies and no wind, and thought to myself it was a perfect day for fishing. I've had great success on days like this.

3. Earl1

Earl1 New Member

State:
    wooodbridg
    after bomber offered me bait which we did not need (THANKS ) SHE WENT ON TO GET A 12.8 LB BLUE & a 25.3 lb blue the bite was slow but steady got 14 total most in the high teens but nice fish no wind flat water low 60s great day to teach the wife to fish & enjoy the day together.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::smile2:

4. That is some great reports fellas, and REPS to bomber for the good will gestures, U DA MAN. Sounded beautiful down there and plenty of bait and fish on the deck. That's heaven there brothers.

5. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Another good day for you Bomberman, and as always great report! Thanks

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    wtg-nice catch Chuck! Thanks for the report. Thats a nice stringer for sure.

7. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    Dang I wish someone in a boat would stop and offer me there left over bait. Skips would be nice..:roll_eyes:... sounds like a good day. Congrats!! I sat on the bank for 6 hours and not even a nibble. :confused2: Oh well that's fishing :big_smile:

8. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Bomber you Da Man again lol. Congrats on another good day of fishing. I went out for a few hours myself, took a friend with me, nothing from the Dock, a couple good pulls on gills but by the time I got to the rod they were always gone, had one rod almost get snatched in the water, but luckily I tied them down :big_smile: Nothing on the bank, a couple pull downs and the usual crabs eating the bait. Oh well, goin out with a BOC buddy in about an hour in this nasty rain, hope to hook a couple bigguns :wink:

9. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Sounds like a good day on the water. Congrats.

10. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Keep up the good catching brother. Hope to see ya on the river.