Potomac River Report..New PB

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Launched out of Leesylvania SP at 7:00 a.m. ahead of a cold front that was supposed to hit after noon. Wind was light and water temp at 68.2 degrees. Ran to the bait hole and got 5 cutters quickly. By 8:00 I was anchored on my favorite break at 30 ft. I deployed three rods, one in 50 ft, one in 20 ft and one directly behind the boat. I picked up a 28 lber and a 22 lber fairly quickly then things slowed down. In the course of two hours I picked up a couple of teeners and another 20+. At 10:00 the deep water rod doubled over and I had trouble removing it from the holder as the fish was pulling drag hard. A fifteen minuted battle and I slid the net under my PB Blue, a 44 lber. A couple of pics and she was released just as the wind picked up. A hairy boat ride back to the dock ended a good day on the water.

Attached Files:

2. Leftenant

Leftenant New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice fish Chuck! Congrats on your new PB!!!!!!!!

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Those Potomac Cats just keep getting bigger and bigger!.. Congratulations Chuck. I feel sorry for anyone living around Fredericksburg. They have a Devil of a time deciding which way to go. North an hour to the Potomac or South an hour to the James all the while the Rappahannock is in their back yard. All three are fantastic rivers for trophy blue cats.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nice Catch an PB Chuck.

5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on your personal best and the report

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Big congrats to ya Chuck! I have a feeling that PB won't stand long the way you keep besting them seems like every couple months. Fish hard this winter and you definitely have a 50 or 60 in your future.

7. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    WTG Chuck-congrats on the PB.
    I know you werent worried about the rough water with your 170!:roll_eyes:

8. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the PB!! Good fish!!

9. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    You know it...gotta love them Triumphs! Actually took four waves over the bow so it wasn't fun, but I wasn't worried either.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  10. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Congrats Chuck, keep them coming. I see a 60 or bigger coming your way soon.

11. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats Bomberman on your PB Blue.. When I first stated reading the thread I said to myself that looks like a new avatar pic for Chuck:wink: