Potomac River Report from 3/28

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Mar 29, 2007.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I took Jim Hollis out today to show him the river and some things about the blues. he is looking to join up with us and fish some. There was some herring and shad moving at blue plainsand the water has hit 55 to 57 degrees. We fished 4 holes that i aven't fished for some time to check them out. he ended up with a 39, 36, 32 and 4 20's as soon as he sends over the pic's i will post them. Any way I think we have hooked one more on the blues. We did have 3 nice runs pop off but then thats fishing in all we had 15 fish.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm lookin forward to the 5/14 report! LOL! Sounds like a dam good time was had.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    5/14 myself, george and copycat in the boat at the same time man is that going to be something to see. Hope to show you guys just what the river has to over. Maybe I will have to tie some up the day before :lol:

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Tim,

You need to get a copy of today's Washington Times. Gene Mueller writes about your 61 pound blue. He also mentions the catfish tournament this weekend, but follows up that he is against all fishing tournaments.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thanks tom I will check it out . I know he hates tournaments but as long as he talked about it people will know we are there and maybe will stop on by to see for themself just what it's all about. He had called me about doing a trip again the spring for a follow up article on the guide service and the blue cats. I also told him he needed to stop by and see the care the guys take to see that every fish is return in a safe way back into the waters.

6. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Sure thing Tim.

Yes, he does not like tournaments, especially bass tournaments. He does not like the fact that all of these out of town folks come in and hog the ramps that were paid for by the locals. I agree, he should show up, catfish are a much stronger fish than a bass, therefore, I don't believe the death rate is anywhere near what it might be for bass.