Potomac River Report Feb 9, 2009

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    First trip of the 2009 season. Launched out of Leesylvania at 7:00 a.m. Took a little while to find the bait but made it to my favorite spot by 9:00. Water temp was 35.8 degrees...tide was last 2 hours...depth: ledge dropping from 16 to 24 feet. Anchored in 16 feet and put two lines there and two more in the deeper water. First pull down within 30 seconds of hitting the water...a 10 pounder. Fished for two hours and the action was non-stop. Nothing huge but over 20 fish boated. Smallest was 5 lbs and the largest was just over 20 pounds. Not a bad start to the season.

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Wow, the water is cold up there. I fished the James two weeks ago 39 degrees, last Monday 41 degrees, and yesterday 44 degrees. Difference was yesterday, I didn't do diddle squat. Glad you got on em.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a great day on the river! I look forward to hearing of your future trips

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the great trip Chuck.....rollo

5. Earl1

Earl1 New Member

State:
    wooodbridg
    where did you get the bait i need to get in some fishing soon i live in woodbridge and fish from the park also

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Sorry Earl,
    I can't give that spot out...however, if you take a cast net and work the back end of the creeks you should be able to locate enough bait.

Tight lines.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
  8. Earl1

Earl1 New Member

State:
    wooodbridg
    did not want gps numbers just in the creek or river general location thats all potomac creek occoquan river e-z cruz just this type info but thanks anyway

9. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Try Neabsco Creek, just past the marina....be careful, it get's really shallow really fast. Good luck.

10. Earl1

Earl1 New Member

State:
    wooodbridg
    i do that creek most times with my gill net always been good did not know they were back in there now but i have been getting then in time and tyde marina even as late as sunday but the ice is in there most of the winter

11. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the trip report Chuck. Sounds like a fun day on the water!

12. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Good job Chuck,
    It feels good getting the season off to a good start-doesnt it?