Potomac River Report April 27 & 28

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I invited my cousin (Whiskeredwonder) and his son (Ben) down from Ohio for some Potomac River catting. I had high hopes for a couple of citations and wasn't disappointed. After a few smaller cats of 15 and 25 lbs my cousin connected with a PB 40 lb Blue. It took him a good 20 minutes to land it fromt he 35 foot of water we were in. That fish just wouldn't budge off the bottom. He was thrilled!

The next day we caught bait on the first soak and Ben was the first to hook up. He danced with a 30 lb plus for 10 minutes before it got caught up in the anchor rope and came off. We were all heartbroken, but it was shortlived. A move to a new spot produced a PB 33 lb 38 inch Blue for Ben and a 28 lb 36 inch for my cousin. All-in-all it was a great two days. Here are a couple of pics.

Attached Files:

2. VaFisherMan

VaFisherMan New Member

State:
    virginia
    Great report, sounds like a fun trip!

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice trip....gotta love it when you catch em like that.

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for another outstanding fishing report, Chuck. Wow, that looks like fun!

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad you were able to put the guys on great fish. It is mighty satisfying seeing folks catch big ones. We are blessed here in Va to have such fantastic fishing available to us.

6. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Sounds like an excellent guided trip.Some nice blues.