Potomac River Report April 13, 2009 3X PB

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Yesterday started out like any other. I put in at Leesylvania SP at 6:30 a.m. and found bait on the first soak. Spent a little time trying for Hickory Shad but found no takers. At 9:30 a.m. I headed for the Cats. After anchoring in 23 ft on a break I deployed three rods. The first rod went down about two minutes later that turned out to be a PB 35 lb Blue. While boating it another rod went down and I landed a 30 lb Blue...nice way to start the day with double citations. Action was steady with a pull down about every 10 minutes and several fish from 15 to 30 lbs were landed.

One take down was a bit different...when I set the hook it took off for deeper water taking drag at a very fast pace. Several long runs and 10 minutes later I boated a PB Striper...a 43 inch, 30 lb beast. A few pics and a quick weigh on the scales an she was returned to go make more Stripers.

I had just reset all the lines with fresh bait when a rod doubled over...tip hitting the water. A strong fight and few tense moments later I landed a new PB Blue at 40 lbs, a fat 41 incher. At that point, I was spent. I reeled in all lines and headed home...what a day!

Here are a few pics:

Attached Files:

2. VaFisherMan

VaFisherMan New Member

State:
    virginia
    Great report and congrats on all the new PBs.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    WTG Chuck!

It's good to see all your time and effort starting to pay off with big fish! They will come easier for you now!

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Thanks guys....it was truely a day to remember.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for the great fishing report, Chuck! It's good to hear that you are getting some time on the water and reaping great results as well.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Nice job! Love those days when they are slammin'. Been hearing reports of nice strippers from the lower potomac the last couple weeks. I'll be down several days next week.

Your not far from a real nice honey hole down there.

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Excellent, Thanks for the report. At last some good news from near our nation´s capital. Keep em coming.