Potomac River Report April 1, 2009

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bomberman, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Just got back in from an all nighter with my buddy Dave. Launched out of Leesylvania about 1 hour before dark and hit the bait spots. Two soaks and we had enough cutters so off we went to our favorite spot. It was a little slow to start with...only 2 bites for the first three hours...one fish (a 15 lber) in the boat. Around 1:30 a.m. Dave gets a pull down and hooks a horse of a fish. A good 20 minutes later up comes a 90+...it's a good thing we had a big net. A couple of pics and it was released unharmed. Two other fish came in later but that was the largest. Attached is the pic.

BTW...any body know the record for the Potomac River...I guess that would be Maryland?

Now I'm off to bed.

Tight lines.

Attached Files:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Did you type that right? 90lbs?????

If so, that would have shattered the current record!

edit: I see you launched from VA, so that would mean you wouldn't qualify for the MD record. You'd have to beat the 95 by Archie Gold.

Hell of a fish though!

3. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Potomac river is Maryland waters. Record is 67.1#. Ron Lewis landed it last year on Easter day. Sounds like you would have had the record if you would have got it certified.

Joshua, I believe he could have weighed it for the MD record. Several years ago, Josh Fitchett launched from Va side and caught his 65+ and had it certified for Maryland. Josh's fish was up at Bass Pro until Ron caught his record, then they moved Josh's fish to Richmond BPS, I think. Don't believe it matters where you launch from as long as it is caught in Maryland waters.

4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Thanks for the correction Pip.

Chuck, I would like to have seen your buddy Dave get some recognition for that fish, it's not often a record is shattered like that. But on the other hand, I'm glad to see that fish returned to the river and not cooped up in BPS somewhere. So hats off to you all.

What was the exact weight on it, and did you get length/girth measurements on it?

5. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Sorry guys...I was just having a little fun in honor of April 1. I actually spent the night tucked snuggly in my bed dreaming of 90 lbers. The photo is actually of the world record 124 lb Blue caught by Tim Pruitt...here's a link to the photo:

http://timpruitt.net/fishy_photos-2.htm

Thanks for being good sports about it.

Take care and tight lines.

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    You @#!)#$()*!@)*@#

Son of a gun! I should have trusted my instinct! I thought I had seen that picture before. You got me good!:smile2:

7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    LOL! Been up all night dealing with april fools at work. I wasn't going to question it either way, wasn't sure. :smile2: only thing I seen that was questionable was no mention of rain, as it rained most of the night after midnight here. :)

8. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    You got me!:cool2::wink:

9. FishyFilly

FishyFilly New Member

State:
    virginia
    Great fish Bomberman it takes people a lifetime to hear about fish like that let alone caught them. Good Goin