Potomac River Pandamonium!!

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Prowler, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Arrived at the potomac river at 7:30pm, river was WAY up 1/2 the dock was under water!!! Additionally after all the rain we have had the river is VERY muddy looking!!! Launched the boat and proceeded to the lighted docks to catch some bluegill for bait... did not get a nibble on a worm.... with no other bait on the boat other than a few nightcrawlers things were looking bad. Decided to break out the cast net and see if I could get us something for bait. Made about 10 cast's and ended up with 6-7 five to six inch shad... made one more cast with the cast net and caught the biggest shad I have ever seen.. had to be over 2 pounds... Well things were looking up on the bait side after that! :wink:

Headed up river and fished around the bridge... no sooner were the rods in the water than the lines started to sing!!!.... One fish after another for a solid 4 hours... IT WAS CRAZY!!!! Zack caught his new personal best!!! Still scaleless but I would guess that zacks fish was in the mid 30's

Then I caught a really nice one... at a guess i'm thinking high 40's perhaps low 50's I have the boat marked off as to how long the fish was and will tape it out tommorrow after some sleep.. fish was 48 inches long and girth was just shy of 30 inches.:crazy:

We pulled in the rods at 1:30 and called it a night.... final tally was 31 fish, 20 of which were easily over the 10lb mark.

Here are the pic's we managed to take of zack's new PB and My new PB... sorry bout the terrible quality but I forgot my camera and the cell phone with a light was the best we could manage!

:0a22:

Attached Files:

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Where did you launch from??? I am from MD and fished the bay for years. I never did any catfishing on the river. Ill be up there next month and might be bringing the boat or borrowing one for some fishing. Any advice would be great.

3. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    launched out of ft. washington. let me know when your up will be happy to try and hook up with ya and show ya some likely spots

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Thanks for the post. That is a pretty impressive trip and numbers of fish.