Potomac River - May 27 Report

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by mohicks, May 28, 2007.

1. mohicks

mohicks New Member

State:
    VA
    We launched out of Leesylvania Sunday at 2pm. We lost an anchor before we even got setup on the first hole. We had to head back to the Marina in hopes they were selling anchors; they were'nt. After making a pit stop at Boaters World and buying a new anchor, we finally got setup about 5:30. Shortly thereafter, the big t-storm rolled through. We didn't have enough time to head back so we "borrowed" a private dock to wait out the storm. I'm thankful my boat is still floating at this point as there were a few minutes I thought I was going to lose the boat. Anyway, we got setup again around 7:30 and fished a couple hours. We pulled in two fish the best being a 17' blue. I'm guessing the spawn is still going strong. Did anyone have any luck this weekend?

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    No most of my members do not even fish for blues until mid june we run the channels around until then.

3. Rivercat09

Rivercat09 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I was at Rock Hall on Swan Creek off the Chesapeake in the big boat over the weekend. Mostly a social raft-up, but we caught some small white perch on gold spinners. Lots of fun!! We barely missed that big storm that mohicks was talking about.

I saved three of the perch which I plan on using along with some livers for channels this coming Thursday night when we take the canoe out. Always a good time no matter what I'm going for.

I'll give the big blues a crack next month.

4. aplumma

aplumma New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I ended up going out on the 26th and the channels cats were very happy to cooperate. We hit the water at around 10:00 in the morning and left the occuquan to go down river to Possum point power plant. The blues are heavy on the spawning and we had one pole rigged with Pike Mackeral that got picked to death but only yielded a 2 lber. The other 3 lines were chicken liver and the channel cats were ready to play. Big fish was a 24" channel cat with most of them in the 19" range. By 3:00 we had 24 C&R to our credit. It was a good day fishin and while nothing monsterous showed up we had a good time with using our lighter rods to play with the ever willing channel cats.

Art

5. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    surely by now someone has latched onto a decent blue...hopefully by next weekend the blues will be finished with their romantic tendencies.